Red Foots Go For A Stroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Here are a few pics taken today of my 3 musketeers!
They are usually in a pen but when I have time I watch them wander a huge area-they all usually head off in different directions though. They seem really energetic when they can explore new territory!

We have great weather now so they are making the most of it.
Thanks:)P7311005 (Medium).JPGP7311007 (Medium).JPGP7310998 (Medium).JPGP7311003 (Medium).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Louise,
Mine do the same thing. Even though they have the big outside enclosure, when I have time I still put them into the bigger part of the yard. It is like a mad race. I think they know how to get me my exercise. They are always off in 3 different directions. They are fun to watch though..so I really don't mind.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
They are darling!! I love their little red noses!! So cute!! Yes, they do keep us hopping don't they! I have that same problem when I let my 4 hatchlings out. Every 30 seconds I am counting 1, 2, 3, 4.......... 1, 2, 3, 4 ......

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Great looking torts! Won't be long before there are little cherryheads roaming the yard!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Thank you for the nice comments everyone-yes I hope to get baby Red Foots in the near future but the male grew faster than the female and appears to be ready , but the females are needing to grow more presumably.
I have wanted to breed tortoises for almost 20 years so it has been a patience game as always. Wonder when Cherry females are mature enough-9 inches or would it be less?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.