addyson123

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello Y’all,
I just noticed that my Russian tortoise Sheldon has a couple red patches (maybe a rash) and a small whiteish sore on his knee. I tried to get a picture but he kept moving so it isn’t the best. Please help me figure out what it is and what I can do to fix it.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I think zeropilot's "nope" meant that your photo didn't attach. Maybe try again?
Could there be sharp spots on the shell where the knees rub? Or something sharp or rough in your enclosure? Pic would def help.

addyson123

Oregon
I think zeropilot's "nope" meant that your photo didn't attach. Maybe try again?
Could there be sharp spots on the shell where the knees rub? Or something sharp or rough in your enclosure? Pic would def help.
Okay thanks. I was confused on what he meant. I’ll try attaching the pic again: 10643B45-6B44-49C2-8474-F1EE24F65AE6.jpeg

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Hmm.. hard to tell. What do you think about the theory of scraping on shell or something in enclosure? Could that be the case?

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Y’all,
I just noticed that my Russian tortoise Sheldon has a couple red patches (maybe a rash) and a small whiteish sore on his knee. I tried to get a picture but he kept moving so it isn’t the best. Please help me figure out what it is and what I can do to fix it.

In my experience these rub marks have occurred either during soaking when left a little longer than normal and the tortoise is trying to crawl out of the soaking tub. It is best to soak in an opaque dish that they can't see through. The other times I have noticed it is when the Tortoise is trying to escape the enclosure for the same reason. Trying to get out or through the barrier. So the rub is from both their shell and the enclosure sides. I hope this helps some.