Red & Yellow Foot Torts - Food Suggestions - Limited Access to Fresh Produce

sashamt

Hi,
I have a red foot tort (male, ~20 yrs old) and a yellow foot tort (female, ~15 yrs old). Their diet has largely been a mix of fresh greens, fruits, etc, and I haven't used pellets before. I'm in NYC, and there's increasingly limited options to get fresh produce, like many places I'm sure. Also hard to find already frozen or canned fruit/veggies that are appropriate for their diet to have as back-up. I've been trying to freeze what I can to stock up, including cactus pads. Which fruits and veggies do people have a better experience w/ freezing to use as food for their torts? Any recommendations on pellets or other non-perishable food options? I'm trying to grow some greens indoors, but frankly terrible w/ plants. Would love to hear what others have had success w/ growing indoors. Thanks for your time and input!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga

Relic

Here
Mazuri is the great insurance policy of tortoise food. I usually feed it twice a week, but if I haven't made it to the store and fresh food is not in the house, or if I just feel a tad lazy, out comes the Mazuri. If my yellowfoot had a vote in the matter it would be fed twice everyday...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Mazuri is the great insurance policy of tortoise food. I usually feed it twice a week, but if I haven't made it to the store and fresh food is not in the house, or if I just feel a tad lazy, out comes the Mazuri. If my yellowfoot had a vote in the matter it would be fed twice everyday...
I can relate. Mazuri usually comes out on lazy days lol.