Redfoot care sheet (sticky?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
How about a Caresheet with actual pics that prove how it works - from the one that started the redfoot group in the beginning - look at join date!
Amanda did post it earlier also - http://turtletary.com/northern.html

It's a little rambling and disorganized when compared to the TFO caresheets, and since it's offsite it looks different and seems comparable to all the other conflicting and contradictory caresheets scattered across the www.

Jamie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

daniellenc

Maryland
I love this idea!! When I first joined I was like why does EVERY other species get a cool care sheet sticky and RF's don't? I mean they're like kinf of the best species in my very biased opinion:)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Well, how about it, Terry? If you write a care sheet I'll sticky it.
@Yvonne I wrote one back in 2005.. which Mark asked to use - but I denied his request.. so he started his "Copy & Paste" Tortoise Library.

ALL of the "redfoot caresheets" we see today are derived from the original 2005 Caresheet -- MOST of which are written by those with little or no actual experience - not all - and none show REAL EVIDENCE / PICS to demonstrate the results of the Caresheet. [ past maybe a few months ].

My Caresheet shows results up to 4-5 YEARS of age. Has created 2nd generation hatchlings which were used on the "Cover" of REPTILES magazine - http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Keeping-and-Breeding-Red-Footed-Tortoises/

What else do you want me to do

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry: The thing is, we want a care sheet that's stickied at the top of OUR redfoot section, Not a link that we have to click on. So, can I go to your site and copy your care sheet and paste it here on the Forum?

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Terry: The thing is, we want a care sheet that's stickied at the top of OUR redfoot section, Not a link that we have to click on. So, can I go to your site and copy your care sheet and paste it here on the Forum?

I'll do a little editing and post it ASAP - the link,etc. takes one to a lot of "site-editing/rhetoric". Give me a little time tonight.. O.K.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll do a little editing and post it ASAP - the link,etc. takes one to a lot of "site-editing/rhetoric". Give me a little time tonight.. O.K.?
Thank you so much. Far as I'm concerned, you are the 'go to' guy when it comes to redfoots!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Thank you so much. Far as I'm concerned, you are the 'go to' guy when it comes to redfoots!
Gee Yvonne -- you would think after 20 years of experimenting that a "pattern/model" becomes obvious! Best part of 90+% came from "hands-on" experience - NOT from books. Never did I think I would hear from those "planet-wide" saying it works for them.. in their backyard!

I trust you will be able to 'copy' the "results" pics Yvonne ?

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Way to go, by the way! Very cool! :)
Thank you 'my lady' - I wrote an article for Reptiles in 2008.. so Russ Case ( owner of Reptiles.. something like that ) contacted me an asked me to write another Redfoot article. Much to my surprise he put one of my hatchlings on the cover! In fact every redfoot pic in the magazine article were in my collection and taken by me. Which only means - redfoot tortoises are one of the very few things I do right.. without trying.

Watching a redfoot female lay her eggs and then 4-5 months later watch them hatch is something that has never gotten old ...

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
You are welcome Yvonne - hopefully someone will follow it the way it is written without thinking they can improve on it... like literally everybody here has done.
Don't get me wrong... adjustments are sometimes needed for "extreme" conditions such as temps and humidity -- but that doesn't change the critical " Keep the 4 basic parameters "BALANCED" !!! " -- no more .. no less.

WE have done our part Yvonne... thank you...

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Only the best for our beloved torts! Way to go, everyone. Tortoise Forum really is the best!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.