Redfoot egg candling and guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
I was just going through the new incubator checking my eggs and Ive got a couple that are being strange... Thought i would see if anyone can help explain?
I dont wash my eggs so they are always filthy :)
this one is 1 month old, grown a bit and the air pocket is on the side?
003-17_zps8dfa72ff.jpg

This one is almost 2 months and its air pocket is almost a quarter of the egg?
007-14_zpsd41dcfe5.jpg

These 4 are eggs i didnt find for a few days in the nest box.... and are a few months old now. very dark inside with air pockets at the top
008-14_zps1da83153.jpg

This is the new wine cooler incubator so I havent hatched anything out in here yet, the little giant is still cooking too and doing very well but in this one i keep the temps around 86 and humidity in the high 80's
010-11_zps004f71d1.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I don't know anything about candling eggs, but I'm very interested to learn, so I'll give your thread a bump! :)

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
When I candle I lift the egg gently up and shine the light on the other side of the egg that is not facing me and that helps show if anything is in there.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hustler.....usually those are bad eggs and the dark area is the "undeveloped " embryo ....and if your 120 days into it and you can view the " pocket" it's definitely a dud. I find that well into the incubation period if the egg is nice and “chalked up” with really no visible “pockets” and you can’t really candle it … * You got a winner* Although …. Ya’ just never know……. I myself don’t candle the eggs all that much as it leads to frustration and blows the excitement of " what’s to come "

JD~:)

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
With all due respect, what do you need explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.