Redfoot humidity

KSA05

Location (City and/or State)
Wolverhampton
I’ve got forest floor dirt at the base that is covered with reptile forest bark as I’ve found that keeping the dirt at the bottom wet ans the top dry is ideal, however is there any tips on how to keep the bottom layer moist without having to move the bark out the way as this is disruptive and not convenient. Would pouring water into the corners of the environment work. Also anymore tips on humidity (not a humidifier as I believe this caused my tortoise to get a respiratory infection).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old/big is your tortoise?
Yes, pouring warm water into the corners is what we recommend.
If you have a hatchling it should be in a closed chamber enclosure for about 3 years of age
If it's older, you can either close off the enclosure with a pop up.greenhouse or you can cover part of it to help with humidity.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome!🐢💚

Yes the pouring method is generally so much more effective! Is this a baby you have? Don’t suppose you’d mind sharing your setup?

Feel free to check out these threads I made, they’re very similar but I’ll include both as idk what age tortoise you have, I go over correct equipment, levels, maintaining the humidity and there’s a good diet list to check out along with lots of visual examples of stuff🙂

Hope it helps! Feel free to ask any further questions you may have😊