redfoot indoor enclosure size

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what size enclosure i would want to build for a single full size red foot

this is just for the cold parts of the year

i know bigger is better but i'm wondering what size would be good for a final indoor enclosure for cold months

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I think the default size for 1 redfoot is 4'x8'. At least, that seems like the dimensions I see posted more frequently. But, yeah.. bigger is always better :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Totally agreed with Alma. The biggest space you can come up with but no less then 4 X 8.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I think the default size for 1 redfoot is 4'x8'. At least, that seems like the dimensions I see posted more frequently. But, yeah.. bigger is always better :D
Totally agreed with Alma. The biggest space you can come up with but no less then 4 X 8.

he's already in a 6x3 i was getting ready to build a 4x8 but i'm wanting to just build a FINAL product for a long time so i just wanted to be sure

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

how big is you're's for your trio? i've used your table as inspiration on a couple things

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
how big is you're's for your trio? i've used your table as inspiration on a couple things

I actually have 4 reds. My table is 6'x9' which is the largest I could fit in this room. I woulda made it larger but then there'd be no way getting around to the other side. I was a little concerned by how small it would be when they hit adult sizes but Vicki Hale says that her reds don't seem to mind the confined space during winter. She mentioned that they kinda like the extra attention via daily room service during those times, too. If my guys start to get restless once adult sized, I'll probably end up building a large heated shed for them.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
no worries my question has been answered and i've already started on the new closed chamber it's going to be 4x8 and possible made into a L if i ever decide to add 2 more to make a trio

i alway's like looking at that thread of you're table lol how old are you're red's they beautiful

They're a little over a year and a half now. But, for two of them.. you'd think at their size that they're either 3 or 4 years old. It's crazy how they all grow at different rates. Thanks!

Oh, and make sure you post pics of your enclosure too. I always love seeing other peoples' creativity and end up stealing some ideas :p

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
They're a little over a year and a half now. But, for two of them.. you'd think at their size that they're either 3 or 4 years old. It's crazy how they all grow at different rates. Thanks!

Oh, and make sure you post pics of your enclosure too. I always love seeing other peoples' creativity and end up stealing some ideas :p

will do i should have it finished around December because it's not crucial at this point and i want to do it right it's going to have a sliding glass front

the actual enclosure will probably be done by next month it's just the glass to finish takes some saving lol my tort will have a christmas present lol

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Thanks. Make me feel guilty, why don't you :p Now I gotta find Christmas presents for my guys. I don't think Christmas Cactus is gonna cut it this year.