Redfoots & Cherryheads from Tortoiseyard! (SHOW ME YOUR TORTS!)

crabby-J

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
OK I hope this is being posted in the right place if not please move but I want to know who has bought a redfoot or cherryhead from the tortoiseyard! I have 3 from Vicki and I adore them! (Not to mention Vicki is great!)

I'm just curious to see other peoples babies from there! (Or adults) Did you buy from Vicki?
Show us your torts from the tortoiseyard!! :)

Here are mine from her:
Top Left-Is "Raymond" He did not come from the tortoiseyard)
Bottom Left-Is "Tuesday"-Cherryhead from Vicki
Top Right-"Lizzy"-Redfoot from Vicki
Bottom Right-"Josie"-Cherryhead from Vicki
13076618_1711754062395918_1230026697116728077_n.jpg

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
I did. Here she is. On the left. Just got her from Vicki last week. And she was given a clean bill of health by the Vet. What I do like is that she cares about her Tortoises. I had a bad experience with another Breeder who had no interest whatsoever in knowing what was wrong with the one that he sold me that died. I wanted two - so thats when I found Vicki. This little tortoise looks better than the other one that I have. Her name is Juliet. And Malkovich is on the right. I highly recommend Vicki's tortoises. a Malkovich and Juliet dueling Mango 6-24-16 03 reduced.jpg

AmyJ

I have 3 little Tortoiseyard torts, purchased from Vicki Hale at the end of March 2016. Pictured L-R, are Luna (Redfoot), Terra (Cherryhead), and Stella (Redfoot). In the bottom photo they are about 7-8 months old, pictured with my 3-year old torts from another breeder.

Vicki's torts arrived healthy, always have a great appetite, are growing nicely, and have beautiful colors and patterns. They are smart and inquisitive, not shy, easy to handle, trainable, and so darn cute! I send Vicki updates on their progress, because she is a wonderful breeder who really cares about her animals. She was able to give me precise information on each of the torts' lineage, and is always available to answer questions. It is clear to see from her website that the parent torts are well cared for. If you are in the market, I would highly recommend purchasing one (or three!) from Tortoiseyard.....
image.jpg image.jpg

Southern California
I have 3 little Tortoiseyard torts, purchased from Vicki Hale at the end of March 2016. Pictured L-R, are Luna (Redfoot), Terra (Cherryhead), and Stella (Redfoot). In the bottom photo they are about 7-8 months old, pictured with my 3-year old torts from another breeder.

Vicki's torts arrived healthy, always have a great appetite, are growing nicely, and have beautiful colors and patterns. They are smart and inquisitive, not shy, easy to handle, trainable, and so darn cute! I send Vicki updates on their progress, because she is a wonderful breeder who really cares about her animals. She was able to give me precise information on each of the torts' lineage, and is always available to answer questions. It is clear to see from her website that the parent torts are well cared for. If you are in the market, I would highly recommend purchasing one (or three!) from Tortoiseyard.....
View attachment 194502 View attachment 194503
Quick thing: I would be cautious and separate your large RF's from your babies. It is not only dangerous, but also unhealthy. You also want to quarantine any new tortoise. Over all, check the care sheets in the RF section to learn more about this all.

AmyJ

Yes, they were quarantined for around 3 months. The 3 hatchies were in a separate nursery box inside the large enclosure with the bigger torts. So they could sense each others' presence, but did not have direct contact. The photo of them at the food dish is one of the first times I let them eat together (supervised), and as you can see the big ones are being nice and not trampling on the little ones!

AndyC

Wyoming
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486673076.417820.jpg

Not the most current picture, but I got Shiloh and Douglas from Vicki mid 2014.

Southern California
Yes, they were quarantined for around 3 months. The 3 hatchies were in a separate nursery box inside the large enclosure with the bigger torts. So they could sense each others' presence, but did not have direct contact. The photo of them at the food dish is one of the first times I let them eat together (supervised), and as you can see the big ones are being nice and not trampling on the little ones!
Haha, ok. I was just making sure. They are gorgeous by the way. If you ever need a home for them, my door is open lol. Seriously though. :)

crabby-J

Michigan
I"m not sure why the picture I posted won't show up anymore (I can't even post pictures in an album on here for some reason!) But I thought I would repost (or try) one of mine from Vicki..lol
13100953_1711753155729342_3175514426970911256_n.jpg

They are MUCH bigger now BTW LOL From L to R Raymond (Not from Vicki), Lizzy-From Vicki, Josie-From Vicki, and Tuesday-From Vicki

Tuesday (Cherryhead) does not live with the other 3 as she is still too small