register

Net net turds

Location (City and/or State)
Folsom
I just discovered that my Russian tortoises are California tortoises. Then I was told they're illegal in California,(which where I live), unless they're registered with DFW. I went onto their website and discovered that there are 3 forms, CTTC, CDFW & Permittee copy. They are exactly the same form just different headings. I reached out to DFW but my email was returned undeliverable. Just wondering if anybody out there knows what form I am to send? Thanks.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Registering your CDT is highly recommended, but I don't think the Tort Police are going to drag you off in chains if you don't. :) Just don't take it out of state!

The form you want is "Desert Tortoise Permit Application. It is in triplicate, and you need one for each tortoise. There is no cost.

After you mail it, Dept of Fish and Game will return the blue copy to you, along with an orange sticker, and where to put the sticker on the torts.

Here's the last one I filled out.
20200605_230334.jpg

And the tag:
20200605_230407.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you fill out the form online the computer fills out all three copies. It says somewhere on the form which copy to send and which is yours.