Registering Tortoise in Chino and Riverside!

Hi. Is anyone from the CTTC that could help me? I have tried emailing you guys a while back when I first got my other desert tortoise to register him and no one ever replied. I also have my cousin who has had her Desert Tortoise for many years and didn't even know you had to register until I came around and she wants to Register hers to. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thank you :)

orv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aguanga, CA
Gosh, I don't want you to feel ignored by we forum members, but I, like others here don't have a clue as how to get registered in your area. I believe that I'd try to contact your local tortoise rescue for the answer to your questions. By the way, WELCOME TO OUR FORUMS!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you just need to take your tortoise to the next meeting there should be someone there who can register them for you. there is no fee for the registration and most chapters require physical confirmation that it is actually a desert tortoise and not some other species.

Well I contacted the tortoise chapter in my area but they told me just to email them and they told me to send pictures and never responded. Does it cost to attend the meetings?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
no the meetings are free you can always join the club but there's no cost to go to the meeting

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess they're to busy to respond. The chapters in Southern California do the permit applications for desert tortoises, but here where I live we have to go through the Department of Fish and Wildlife, California.

Go to their web site and just keep after them until someone responds to you. Go to different chapters and just keep at it. It's their job, and they shouldn't hold your permit application hostage just to get you to a meeting. That should be your choice, not blackmail.

Here's a list of the chapters:

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/cttcmore.html