Regular Mazuri food pellets for sale in Canada (Toronto area)?

emiliobarbon

Location (City and/or State)
Ajax
Hi everyone,
My baby Hermann's tortoise - Kale - LOVES his Mazuri pellet. I got a bag of this regular Mazuri Tortoise Diet food from his breeder last year, and now it's almost gone. I tried to find this type of food (NOT the LS version) at the stores and online, but seems like no one is carrying it. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance!

Emil

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here where I live (Central California) my feed store (horse/cattle) will order it for me. If you can find a feed store that sells Ralston Purina products they can order it for you. I just looked at the "Where to buy" section at Mazuri.com and it only shows a map of the U.S., so maybe it's not available in Canada. You might try contacting them to find out. I know that over in Europe they sell it, but it's under a different name. It might be that way in Canada too.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

I used google with the search phrase "mazuri pellets for tortoises."

Considering you had difficulty with on-line, where it was in the first hit I got, and yes this is the NOT LS version, you might consider a wider thought on diet help.

Work your tortoise over to ZooMed grassland. It's better by every measure than cost, but hey, why not feed the cheap stuff?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I used google with the search phrase "mazuri pellets for tortoises."

Considering you had difficulty with on-line, where it was in the first hit I got, and yes this is the NOT LS version, you might consider a wider thought on diet help.

Work your tortoise over to ZooMed grassland. It's better by every measure than cost, but hey, why not feed the cheap stuff?
Yes, but they're in Canada.

emiliobarbon

Ajax
Thanks both, problem solved. I called one of the exotic pet stores close to me, and they can order Mazuri pellets for me. It's only the 25 lbs bag, nothing smaller than that, but it's OK, they said that pellets can be kept in the freezer so they don't go bad. I don't understand why they don't advertise Mazuri on their website (https://www.renspets.com/), but they take orders over the phone, and they deliver for free to your local store.

Hope my fellow Canadians find this info useful. Thangs again!

jeneliza

burton michigan
can this also be feed to a redfooted, i use fresh food, but i would like to have an add in for now and then, to cover all her needs, most of the pellet food i have in my area is less then good for them

jeneliza

burton michigan
Yeah, and as a little kid I would not eat my vegetables. It's about your presentation and adjustment to new things. Once they get into it, they will go for it readily.
She's really spoiled, lol.she get mostly fresh food, I I mix it in she will pick at it and push it all over her encloser, only eating what she has to, had her for about ten years, been trying for ten, she will eat there canned mix in though,

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
She's really spoiled, lol.she get mostly fresh food, I I mix it in she will pick at it and push it all over her encloser, only eating what she has to, had her for about ten years, been trying for ten, she will eat there canned mix in though,
Your tortoise has you well trained. Later this week I will post in the Diet Thread, how to make any pellet attractive to a tortoise. I have many times, but I will try again.

Jennifer McGowan

Iowa City, Iowa
Mine did not like the Mazuri pellets at first, so I soak them, then squeeze out the excess water and then mix in some pumpkin. The pumpkin did the trick. What makes ZooMed better? I was told that Mazuri was the best. Just wondering, as I will do either. (As a supplement to fresh greens)