Rehabbing orphaned 6 week old groundhog- pinworms need advice

L

LasTortugasNinja

Do you encourage this animal aggressive behavior? If so, please tell me why??

I am sensitive to dog to dog aggression, it terrifies me.

I stood at the end of a 6ft leash as a pitbull eviscerated my little 15 lb "llasa poo". There was nothing I could do but stand there. The owner tried to get her off my dog, but was unsuccessful.

It was the most brutal, stomach churning, horrific thing I have ever seen. It has changed me forever.
Agreed. years ago, I was walking my German Shepherd when a stray pit appeared out of nowhere and launched itself at my dog. Tried to bite my dog’s neck but only got a lump of fur. Luckily for us, I walk with a cane, and hit that pit so hard over the head with it that my arm went numb from the reverberation. Pit took off running, my dog was in full “werewolf” mode with all hair on end. I was on the phone instantly with police saying there was a local stray that is attacking people. seconds later, two patrol cars and animal control were in the area.

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
Do you encourage this animal aggressive behavior? If so, please tell me why??

I am sensitive to dog to dog aggression, it terrifies me.

I stood at the end of a 6ft leash as a pitbull eviscerated my little 15 lb "llasa poo". There was nothing I could do but stand there. The owner tried to get her off my dog, but was unsuccessful.

It was the most brutal, stomach churning, horrific thing I have ever seen. It has changed me forever.

no , it's just in the breed …… it's a side effect of the dogs i've selected , I've selected dogs that could run , were friendly , trusting , hunted and never a hint of timid ……... that girl I pictured could and did run for 3hrs non-stop , 20 miles , came home and ran around the yard the rest of the day ……... seen an experiment one time where they selected foxes based solely on friendliness , the side effect were pretty amazing ……... when you add selection criteria you get a lot of unintended side effects .......... pit bulls problems are a result of the owners not the dogs ........ i grew up in a house with working pitbulls and 8 kids ............ a shame about your dog , when i was young i'd have choked the dog out , then the owner ........... i've had folks with their dogs loose run up on mine , tell me their dogs are friendly , seemingly ignorant to the possibilty the dog yours is running up on isn't , and is on leash for a reason ........ bsl's are a result of people not dogs , and I assure I've not contributed to them in my life ......... quite a few mastiff breeds are pretty animal aggressive , it served a purpose either for baiting or livestock guarding ......

RainsOn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE OK
Gorgeous dog. My husband and I have both had run ins with aggressive dogs when walking our rough colllies. It is not a good situation. I was even dragged through gravel. I am one to give the animal the benefit of the doubt as far as fault ( I'm only 4' 10"). I read that pit bulls were bred, originally, to guard children. Unfortunately, it is often the fault of the owner whether or not the dog is aggressive and under control. We have a neighbor with two huge rottweilers that get constant care and couldn't be bigger babies. Another neighbor has one boxer that that they ignore and I would not trust him without the fence between us.
I spent several years mothering orphaned wildlife. In my experience, anything can be tamed - to a degree. (Raccoons are a separate subject.) Never had a ground hog but I do know they are vicious.
I think all baby animals are cute and wish you all the best with him - or her.
P.S: Females of most species are the most vicious.