Rehome Russian tort

SarahB

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Holland mi
I live in Holland Michigan and rescued a Russian tortoise. He has an over grown beak and has been in a glass aquarium (approximately 36 inches). For 10 years.

I picked him up yeasterday and am in the process of putting him in 2 zoo med tortoise enclosures.

I know this still isn’t ideal and know I can’t give him an out door setup since I live in a condo.

would anyone out there be able to provide a home? I want the best for him.

sarah

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Sarah!

Sounds like putting the two Zoo Med Tortoise enclosures together is a pretty good place for a Russian tortoise. If I'm remembering right, the Zoo Med Tortoise House is appx. 4' long, so that will give him appx. 8' of space. You did a good thing rescuing this poor tortoise from a glass aquarium. It would be nice if he could live outside, but there are many, many tortoise keepers who keep their tortoises indoors. It's perfectly fine. If you really like this tortoise, then keep him. You'll enjoy the heck outta' him!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sorry you can't keep him you are very kind to have rescued him.
Make sure any members who want him are long term active members not someone who just joins for free torts to sell on, I hope you find him a lovely home if you really can't keep him yourself. Good luck,