Rehoming 11 year old Redfoot Tortoise (Cleveland/Pittsburgh areas)

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Hello,

I am looking to re-home my 11 year old redfoot tortoise, Tommy . She has been a great companion over the years but I believe it will be very difficult for me to continue to own her going forward. As you can see from my profile, I used this forum a lot when I was younger (I cringed pretty hard at some of my old posts) and I am not hoping to use it to re-home Tommy.

I graduated from college last fall and am now pursuing religious life. My parents have graciously taken care of her for the last 4 years at home but I don't see it as foreseeable that I can care for her on my own in my community.

Tommy currently resides in Cleveland in an 8'x4' tortoise table in my parent's basement (alongside my mississippi map turtle who I may need to put up for adoption as well) but I am living in Pittsburgh. Therefore, if you are near Cleveland or Pittsburgh, or anywhere in between, please contact me if you are interested in adopting Tommy. She is a good eater and has never had any health issues. She is on the smaller size for her age, roughly 10 inches long.

I would be happy to give all the equipment and even the tortoise table if I am able to take it apart and you willing to reassemble.

Thank you,
Matthew

Here's a quick picture:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It looks like you've done very well in keeping her. She looks to be in good shape from the photos.
Ask a lot of questions. Get photos of the new possible home.
Check the other posts of anyone that inquires about your tort to make sure they aren't just here to grab a free or discounted tortoise.
Best of luck to you.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
It looks like you've done very well in keeping her. She looks to be in good shape from the photos.
Ask a lot of questions. Get photos of the new possible home.
Check the other posts of anyone that inquires about your tort to make sure they aren't just here to grab a free or discounted tortoise.
Best of luck to you.
Thank you, it's a tough decision but I definitely want to find the right person for her. Good advice, I appreciate it!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thank you, it's a tough decision but I definitely want to find the right person for her. Good advice, I appreciate it!
It's why I no longer let my tortoises breed.
It's too difficult for me to find the babies new homes that I'm comfortable with.
It's hard enough just rehoming my rescued torts

Last edited: