rehoming in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisea

5 Year Member
I am looking for an experienced tortoise owner to take a Hermanns tortoise.
It is quite a complicated story but he came to me by a private rescue situation a few months ago.
I don't have a great deal of information other than I have been told he is a she and around four
years old.
I did previously try to rehome but I could not find a suitable home so I am trying tortoise
orientated forums in the hope of finding an ideal place.

I will not charge a fee but would like to find an experienced keeper that can provide a long term home
with good indoor and outdoor summer houses.
I am in the north west of England and ideally I would a home within reasonable distance so I can
drop him off. I will consider the right home further away provided you are willing to at
least travel part way to collect and can give assurances from other forum members that
you are a responsible and knowledgable keeper.

Sorry if I sound too demanding but I don't want him to end up in a bad situation. He is safe with
me but would benefit from a more permanent home with garden access.

I look forward to hearing from you, any advice with regards to homing would also be much appreciated.

A.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
I'm in the North West of England, and have all the equipment...but, I can't guarantee a permanent home. Only long-term temporary. :-(

Our property is rented, and whilst the landlord is happy with Emrys he might not appreciate a second permanent tortoise. Still, do let me know if there IS anything I can do.

irishnav88

5 Year Member
I don't know if this will be of any help since I live in the US but I had my eastern hermanns, Leonardo, shipped overnight via FedEx express from California to New Jersey and he showed up in perfect health.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Your best bet would be Shelled Warriors forum(which is currently not working:( ) or RFUK for potential homes. I'm in Wiltshire but there are plenty of owners around Manchester areas.

vicki15

5 Year Member
I would love you rescue another. Ours is a rescue we got a couple of months ago, but have previously had tortoises so still had our set up. Again, I'm afraid we are in the guernsey and so would need to use a courier.

Status
Not open for further replies.