Rehoming male red foot tortoise

Sumofifi2

Location (City and/or State)
Roanoke va
Hello,
I have a 10 year old male red footed tortoise I’m looking to re-home if I find a good home. He’s very social and will eat out of your hand with his bad aim. We moved here a few years ago and he just does not like the spaces we can provide. Outside has a lot of predators and too cold at night for him so he’s indoors a lot more and his indoor space is a lot less social. He’s just not as happy here and I’d love to find a home where he could be more social and have outdoor space he can really enjoy. I’m near Roanoke va but willing to figure out drop off/pick up etc. no fees or anything just want to find a good spot for him to enjoy. Let me know if you might be that spot. I’m new to posting so not as sure how all of this works. Happy to send pictures but not sure how to add to this post.
Thank you!!

CarrieNTheSwim

5 Year Member
NC
Is he still available? When was he last checked out at the vet? Do you have Ny pictures? Thanks.

CarrieNTheSwim

5 Year Member
NC
That’s no good. It says “new member” on my profile but I’ve been on here for 10+ years, just forgot my login bc I hadn’t used it in a while.
My children are in high school now and one day they will move out and take our Russian tort with them. If I wait another 5-8 years for them to leave before I get a new tort it will outlive me by decades. I would rather get a tort when we move to our new house soon then wait until they are in college.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Be sure to look into anyone joining just to get a free tortoise. Not all but many only want free tortoises so they can sell it.
It's always a great idea to check the posting history of anyone that inquires about a tortoise and see if they either have no other posts or they are mostly or all about other free or discounted tortoises.
That type of activity can be a Red Flag

DianneK

Tortoise Club
Tonawanda, NY
I already own a Red Foot and looking for another one or any other I can rescue. Want to save them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I already own a Red Foot and looking for another one or any other I can rescue. Want to save them.
You do know tortoises should not be kept in pairs right?
Also they need a large shed or a room each for your winters. A small enclosure will not work. Just an fyi

DianneK

Tortoise Club
Tonawanda, NY
You do know tortoises should not be kept in pairs right?
Also they need a large shed or a room each for your winters. A small enclosure will not work. Just an fyi
I have separate habitats for them. I am not new to tortoises. They have outdoor and indoor large habitats. Thank you for your know it all.

DianneK

Tortoise Club
Tonawanda, NY
I am on here reading for years but not posting. Maybe wait until someone asks for advice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am on here reading for years but not posting. Maybe wait until someone asks for advice.
Again, not like you are an active member for us to know what you know. Lurking tells us nothing!!!
Waitung usually is when it's too late!!!
Anyway no thanks, I will continue as I please!
Good luck!