Rehoming my male red foot tortoise

NatH3

Location (City and/or State)
Reno, Nevada
Hello,

I have a 4-5 year old male red foot tortoise that I received as a gift for my birthday about 4 years ago. He is an amazing tortoise. He has grown very big and I have him in the biggest enclosure I could find which is a large kid pool. I feel that he is getting too big for that enclosure. He digs and tries to get out. I move every 2-3 years because of work. He has been to Hawaii and many other states. I love him so much and I am very attached to him. I worry that he isn’t happy and that he would be better off living outside. I dream of him living outdoors in huge enclosure as opposed to indoors in an apartment. Next year I will be living in an RV and I worry about him being more unhappy. I wonder if anyone knows of a tortoise rescue or if anyone here is looking to adopt my sweet boy. I live in Reno, Nevada and I am willing to drive to wherever is needed or I could also ship him next day. He would come with everything he needs except his large enclosure.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1C2CD50A-F144-4C89-9717-181EA708CB11.jpeg
    1C2CD50A-F144-4C89-9717-181EA708CB11.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
We could probably take him down here in Florida. We have three now and they are all 3 to 4 years old, so he would probably fit right in. We currently have an 16x8 out door encloser for them and plan to let them have the run of the yard once they are big enough.

Right now we have three, Rocket, Groot and Drax. I could post some pics tomorrow once its light out if ya want. Anyway let me know, we love them and would give him a good home.

NatH3

Reno, Nevada
We could probably take him down here in Florida. We have three now and they are all 3 to 4 years old, so he would probably fit right in. We currently have an 16x8 out door encloser for them and plan to let them have the run of the yard once they are big enough.
Right now we have three, Rocket, Groot and Drax. I could post some pics tomorrow once its light out if ya want. Anyway let me know, we love them and would give him a good home.

That sounds like a dream home for my tortoise! He’s even going to have friends! I would love to send him to you and I think he is going to be so happy living outdoors with real sunshine. I am not sure how to message you privately so I can give you my number. I would love to get in contact with you and if you think he will be a right fit for your family then I would like to get started on the process of shipping him as I live in Reno, Nevada. I will pay for all of the expenses of course.

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
That sounds like a dream home for my tortoise! He’s even going to have friends! I would love to send him to you and I think he is going to be so happy living outdoors with real sunshine. I am not sure how to message you privately so I can give you my number. I would love to get in contact with you and if you think he will be a right fit for your family then I would like to get started on the process of shipping him as I live in Reno, Nevada. I will pay for all of the expenses of course.
I will private message you with my info, it should pop up in the upper right corner.

willee638

HK
I feel your frustrations in not being able to offer him with a more steady home & larger outdoor living environment, I have 3 red foots & I too often wonder how to provide them with an adequate living space in my city apartment. I take them to wide spacious grass fields 3-4 times per week but when they reach the size of 4-5 years old like yours is a problem, there're a couple of YouTubers who breeds tortoises call Shadow Reptiles or Kamp Kenan both in Florida does take rescues. It's normal for tortoises to try & escape their enclosures no mater the size, mine always tries to get to the edges & over, through a fence or any barricades to the other side regardless what enclosure they're in, this is their nature to roam around an entire mountain or area.