Reintroduction from a Slacker

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Hey everybody! It's been over 2 years since my last post, so I thought I thought Id reintroduce myself. My name is Shelly. I got caught up in my job, family, life, etc and had to put my tort hobby on hold for awhile. I still have all my same torties, no losses or additions, but havent been involved in the forum, shows or tort community in awhile. I'm back now and look forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting all those who have joined while I was away. I missed this forum and am very glad to be back!

So, what have I missed in the last 2 years???

Btw - my shelled family includes a Russian named Indy, two burmese stars named Ani and Bella, a sully named Chief, and a runt named Littlefoot.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome back Shelly!! I can't believe it's been two yrs!!
I come across your old post while researching when chat is slow!
I totally remember you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You're back! Where in the heck did you go? I missed you. Glad to see you posting again. You didn't miss all that much. Business as usual.

How are all your torts? How big is Cheif now? And your stars? I have one female burm that is now almost 3000 grams. The others are around 1800-2000.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're back! Where in the heck did you go? I missed you. Glad to see you posting again. You didn't miss all that much. Business as usual.

How are all your torts? How big is Cheif now? And your stars? I have one female burm that is now almost 3000 grams. The others are around 1800-2000.

And don't forget - we need to see pictures of that baby (the reason she left in the first place)

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal

They're all doing great. I saw your post yesterday about the long term health of a tort coming down to the breeder. That is absolutely true. Chief is doing fantastic. Her shell is now a beautiful caramel color. No idea how much she weighs, but I should definitely check. I haven't been keeping logs. I was looking over some of the older pics yesterday - she use to be so tiny and cute! How is her mama Chewy doing? Do you still have her? We have a second sully now too, a little growth stunted runt we got off Craigslist. Tiny shell, huge personality. Stars are doing good too. My son has really taken to one (Anakin), so we're calling that his tortoise now. He talks and sings to her everyday and helps feed and gives water to them all. Glad to hear your burms are growing well. Will you be breeding them? Eventually I hope to get a male, but I'm going to let the ladies grow a bit bigger first.

And don't forget - we need to see pictures of that baby (the reason she left in the first place)

Adam's two now. Shows how long its been. Here's pic of my goofy little guy. :)

20160514_111630.jpg 20160525_070949_021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes, I do intend to breed the stars. Are you sure both of yours are female? I have an over abundance of males. We could do a breeding loan.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Pretty sure, yes. Even if one surprised me an turned out to be male, I wouldnt breed them together because they are likely siblings. Breeding loan is a great option, but not this year.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Cute-Duck-With-Flower-Says-Welcome-Back-We-Missed-You.gif

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
They're all doing great. I saw your post yesterday about the long term health of a tort coming down to the breeder. That is absolutely true. Chief is doing fantastic. Her shell is now a beautiful caramel color. No idea how much she weighs, but I should definitely check. I haven't been keeping logs. I was looking over some of the older pics yesterday - she use to be so tiny and cute! How is her mama Chewy doing? Do you still have her? We have a second sully now too, a little growth stunted runt we got off Craigslist. Tiny shell, huge personality. Stars are doing good too. My son has really taken to one (Anakin), so we're calling that his tortoise now. He talks and sings to her everyday and helps feed and gives water to them all. Glad to hear your burms are growing well. Will you be breeding them? Eventually I hope to get a male, but I'm going to let the ladies grow a bit bigger first.

Adam's two now. Shows how long its been. Here's pic of my goofy little guy. :)

View attachment 179237 View attachment 179238
Adam is the most splendid name in the universe.