Relocating tortoise - UK to Czech Republic

alexatanith

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I've the possibility of a short-term contract in the Czech Republic (Prague) and have initially arranged for my Hermann's tortoise to stay with family. However, there is the possibility I could be offered a longer contract and I would want to bring her over to stay with me in the long-term. I can talk to my vet about the health/legal requirements on the UK end, but I was wondering if anyone could advise on:

- Transporting my tortoise - I can't seem to find much information on companies which arrange transport for tortoises. Is anyone able to recommend a company? Or has anyone had experience of transporting a tortoise by plane themselves?
- Does anyone have experience of tortoise ownership in Prague? Vet recommendations? Entry requirements for Czech Republic? Also - in the UK I have a pet shop where I have boarded her for a couple of weeks when I'm away. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of similar options in Prague? My worry is that if there was a family emergency in the UK I wouldn't have somewhere to leave her.

Thanks