Reptaid by Amber Technology - Safe for torts??

T0RTIEM0M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Frisco, Texas
Hi All!

I came across an interesting product during my internet meandering. It's called Reptaid manufactured by Amber Technology. It's sold as a homeopathic supplement to provide immune support to reptiles overcoming viral, bacterial and microscopic infections: without the complications of traditional treatments, such as loss of appetite, lethargy, hydration issues, and organ damage. It also claims to control blooms of parasites in reptiles. This formula is for reptiles under 250g (they have another formulation for 250g+ reptiles.)

The active ingredients are: proprietary blend of Brown Mustard Seed, Olive Leaf, Jatoba and Cloves - 321mg, Black Seed - 205mg, Pau D'arco bark - 68mg and Grapefruit Seed Extract - 2mg.
Inactive ingredient list: Concord Grape Wine, Filtered Water and Grain Alcohol USP 2.6% by volume.

Reviews from other purchasers rate this stuff as "magic" claiming it saved many of their sick reptiles and pulled them back from the brink of near death. I haven't come across any reviews from turtle/tortoise owners though. I'm no homeopath and I'm not familiar with the ingredients with regards to safety with giving to tortoises/turtles.

Have any of you tried this product and if so, what was your experience? Are any of ingredients listed above toxic to turtles/tortoises?

reptaid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I've never heard of it, but if it works, it would be a welcome change from using the harsh chemicals we now have to use to treat sick tortoises.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Heard them before but never use them. I hope I don't have to use them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I too have never heard of it. Like Yvonne said, would be great if it did work as the reviews suggest.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I know its a bit late to comment on this thread but in case anyone searches for it again. I have used it and continue to do so. I've had good luck with it. Easy to use and I haven't seen any side effects. So far I've used it on Eastern Box turtles and Greek Iberas.