Repticon Los Angeles / Costa Mesa??

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ryan , the shows are neat to check out if you have never been to one. It gives you a broad perspective of just how many and what kind of folks are into herps. Unfortunately most of the shows are dominated by gecko and ball python breeders....with not too many torts ( but not always the case) Tyler, of Tortoise Supply usually has the best variety at the So Cal. shows from what I’ve seen in the last 5 years or so....but there is always a "score" to be found in most cases ....just comes down to timing. The shows are also a good insight to talk with some old time Herper's as well , as there is some folks I have seen at these shows well into the 20th year. With the recent addition of the Net and Forums such as this it may also give you a chance to meet folks in person who you may have chatted with online. Sometimes this in itself makes the show even more interesting and worthwhile......there’s no hiding behind a keyboard..:D
Go check one out and have fun!

JD~:)

PS. you will find a variety of animals for sell and reptile products of all sorts.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thanks for the info JD! I think I will check it out, looking forward to meeting some like-minded folks. Most friends of mine just give me the you-is-weird-face when I tell them I have a pet tortoise.

p.s. my torts name is Ryan, mine is Liz.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
KingInCulver said:
Thanks for the info JD! I think I will check it out, looking forward to meeting some like-minded folks. Most friends of mine just give me the you-is-weird-face when I tell them I have a pet tortoise.

p.s. my torts name is Ryan, mine is Liz.

Opps .... Sorry Liz ....was still early this am! :p
Welcome to the forum and hope to see ya at some shows!

JD~:)

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
This sounds fun! I'm going so hopefully it's good. Iv only been to one show before so I'm anticipating something good!

Avarice29

5 Year Member
I went to the NARBC Los Angeles show a few months ago and I was supposed to share my experience and some pictures... I couldn't be there long because of problems at home but the little time I was there... I had a BLAST. tons of snakes, lizards, spiders, scorpions, turtles and tortoises! Met a lot of people. It was a great experience overall. Most snakes though... I mean A LOT. Of snakes.
Bring cash.. Most places don't accept credit card and try to bring a camera.
Great place to find supplies at a great price and of course a new friend.
I do plan on going to the one in about a week.

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
A little bit late on the follow up here but I was trying to figure out how to use my phone - technology advances, I am perpetually confounded. Anyway, pics from LA repticon at the link. It was my first reptile show...

While it was interesting to see all the various animals, it made my heart ache especially for the ones that looked so cold or cramped or beginning to pyramid. But it was still a good experience and I would consider going to another one - maybe just a different one.

On a positive note, I didn't leave empty- handed... Picked up my copy of The Tortoise from the turtle conservancy table.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#ACJtdOXmAtMC4

Status
Not open for further replies.