Reptile basics heater (silly but I need help with assembly)

Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
IMG_4729.jpg

So I got this reptile basics RHE and have no clue how to assemble and the instructions were no help, I know you have to screw it in but the package only came with these screws, what’s to hold it in place? The cord is in those two pieces, not sure of how I’m supposed to do this, can’t find any good YT tutorials, please help me asap :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It doesn't look like it, but is one of the prongs on the plug wider? If one is wider, that is the neutral. On the cord, one side is ribbed; that is the neutral for the cord. If both of the prongs are the same, then the plug is non-polarized and it really doesn't matter since the plug can be plugged in either way.

Can you take the plug apart? are there screws inside, or 'teeth' that bite into the cord?

Lewisville, Texas
Greetings...

Heres a link to their installation page - http://www.reptilebasics.com/manuals/heatpanel_inst.pdf

If you accidentally connect the wire into the plug the “wrong” way - the panel won’t heat up. If that happens, you just undo what you 8nserted, flip the wires, and reinstall.

View attachment 257294

Do you have one that you can show me? I’m basically mentally handicapped and can’t figure this out because it’s not heating up so I gotta be doing something wrong

Lewisville, Texas
View attachment 257289

So I got this reptile basics RHE and have no clue how to assemble and the instructions were no help, I know you have to screw it in but the package only came with these screws, what’s to hold it in place? The cord is in those two pieces, not sure of how I’m supposed to do this, can’t find any good YT tutorials, please help me asap :([/QUOTE
View attachment 257289

So I got this reptile basics RHE and have no clue how to assemble and the instructions were no help, I know you have to screw it in but the package only came with these screws, what’s to hold it in place? The cord is in those two pieces, not sure of how I’m supposed to do this, can’t find any good YT tutorials, please help me asap :(
nevermind, i got it figured out last night haha sorry everyone

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
As far as mounting it, I used the screws provided to screw it into a 2x4, then secured that above the basking area:

upload_2018-11-15_10-29-34.png

Lewisville, Texas
As far as mounting it, I used the screws provided to screw it into a 2x4, then secured that above the basking area:

View attachment 257366

Oh okay I understand now, I’m using a plastic Walmart tub, and I was thinking, “how am I supposed to screw this in? But I realized that I just need to get some metal nuts to secure the screws, so yeah, thank you.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Mounting, yes...make sure you determine the length you need, get a few washers, the bolts and nuts.

You can see here how I mounted this, but urs will just go through the lid, with a washer on top and bottom, secured by a nut.

91F0C10D-4FAD-4499-92D4-69C4FAEA25B7.jpeg

DallysW

Longview TX
Unfortunately, purchased back when they were all in stock at Reptile Basics. Seems like they are all out, and have been for awhile.

I’ll try to look around for one. Do you know any other good websites that may have them in stock?

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I just build a 4x4x3. I also order a reptile therm habitat heater 18x18. I feel like I need more heating source though. What do you think?

How large is your tortoise? I have a 4x4x2 night box with a sectioned off area for a mini oil heater. Works great for keeping the temps steady in there. I caged off a corner of it to protect the heater:

upload_2018-11-25_12-59-8.png

I also chained the radiator down so it can't tip over even without the cage.

DallysW

Longview TX
What do I set my thermostat to?! I have my 18x18 ReptiTherm Habitat heater hook up to it. He’s going to be laying on it so I dont want it to burn him