Reptile expos are pure evil :P

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Why, you got caught needing to buy those lizards? I don't see anything wrong with them
But I do agree, most not all but most tortoise vendors do poorly housing and caring for them.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Temptation...

You did good. I came home with 3 lizards, 4 snakes, two terrariums, and a whole bunch of supplies. But I resisted the temptation to buy a whole lot more...
I did pick up a few supplies too. The littlest two bought a few frog and lizards toys from a 3d printer. My daughter picked up a crested gecko. I keep threatening the doxies if they don't stop barking I'll trade them for a lizard :)

The last expo daughter got a hognose snake. She is up to two snakes now. 3 geckos. Thankfully everything is pretty easy to care for. I like easy.

Megatron's Mom

Nice.
The last reptile event I went to was like 90% lizards and Geckos.
I almost convinced myself that I wanted to start keeping FatTails.
Almost.
I recently just learned of them. Pretty darn cool. My older daughter wants a knobtail gecko if she can ever save her money as she just spent it all again on a Leachianus.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I caught a hognose as a kid, very cool snake. I quickly learned that the poor guy would get exhausted when friends were around, messing with it to get it to flip and play dead. I let it go after a couple of days. Very cool, timid snake.

Megatron's Mom

I caught a hognose as a kid, very cool snake. I quickly learned that the poor guy would get exhausted when friends were around, messing with it to get it to flip and play dead. I let it go after a couple of days. Very cool, timid snake.
Poor guy. You made the right decision.

My daughter wishes she would find a wild hognose. She would not keep them anyway, but it would still be cool.