Reptile Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFCO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amherstburg, Ontario
Hello Everybody!!!!

I'm looking for a humidifier for my sulcata (Squirt). And was wondering what people are using or would recommend. As of now i'm dealing with an open enclosure and using a squirt bottle to raise the humidity . I will be building a top for his pen on the weekend. At this point will the squirt bottle be ok?

Thank you for your help.

KBisMe

5 Year Member
Maricopa, AZ
TFCO said:
Hello Everybody!!!!

I'm looking for a humidifier for my sulcata (Squirt). And was wondering what people are using or would recommend. As of now i'm dealing with an open enclosure and using a squirt bottle to raise the humidity . I will be building a top for his pen on the weekend. At this point will the squirt bottle be ok?

Thank you for your help.

The squirt bottle won't do much good because it dries so quickly. I just bought this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Soothing-Mist-Ultrasonic-360-degree-Humidifier-Blue/15833569

I also bought this washing machine hose:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-Washing-Machine-Discharge-Hose/17043433

Here's how I have it set up:

Humidifier.jpg

It's not the prettiest setup, but I have it on medium and my humidity is at 83% with my lights on. :)

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Great set up. I bought a zoo med one for like $65. Was going to try the cheaper Walmart humidifier and hose but wasn't sure it would work well and Babette had an RI at the time so I didn't want to chance it. Their enclosure is huge and open and I was thinking of trying the Walmart idea again to add a second one, definitely going to now. Thanks for the pics. What size hose?

Just saw the hose link. Thnx again. You're happy with it?

KBisMe

5 Year Member
Maricopa, AZ
TaraDodrill said:
Great set up. I bought a zoo med one for like $65. Was going to try the cheaper Walmart humidifier and hose but wasn't sure it would work well and Babette had an RI at the time so I didn't want to chance it. Their enclosure is huge and open and I was thinking of trying the Walmart idea again to add a second one, definitely going to now. Thanks for the pics. What size hose?

Just saw the hose link. Thnx again. You're happy with it?

I've only had it since this morning, but so far I'm very happy with it. I like that the hose is long enough to move from one end to the other. I turned it off for a while and the leftover mist in the hose pooled into the tube where it forms a U. I just dumped it out and it was good to go again.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I have a Holmes one too with flexible surgical tubing going to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.