Reptile or exotic vet?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Luna, she was a great tort. Sad that she has been ill for the last three weeks, but now she is at the rainbow bridge. Thank you to all the members that helped me in the process to help make her better, I can never repay what gratitude I have now for the gift of knowledge you have gave me.?
Oh my heart is breaking for you...this was NOT NOT in anyway your fault...please stick around

zovick

10 Year Member!
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Luna, she was a great tort. Sad that she has been ill for the last three weeks, but now she is at the rainbow bridge. Thank you to all the members that helped me in the process to help make her better, I can never repay what gratitude I have now for the gift of knowledge you have gave me.?
Very sorry you were not able to save the tortoise.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Oh my heart is breaking for you...this was NOT NOT in anyway your fault...please stick around
Thanks Maggie, I believe that if the tort wasn't in my care and the guiding hands of this community, it wouldn't have survived for this long. Weird isn't it? She never used her back legs and now her plastron is so soft, when I rubbed it, it would bend inward? Perhaps it was genetics, who knows? Atleast now she is doing better. This is an absolute amazing community. I have one of her siblings, Sunny which is thriving because of this forum20211025_081252.jpg20211016_172547.jpgVideoCapture_20211021-071525.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thanks Maggie, I believe that if the tort wasn't in my care and the guiding hands of this community, it wouldn't have survived for this long. Weird isn't it? She never used her back legs and now her plastron is so soft, when I rubbed it, it would bend inward? Perhaps it was genetics, who knows? Atleast now she is doing better. This is an absolute amazing community. I have one of her siblings, Sunny which is thriving because of this forumView attachment 335180View attachment 335181View attachment 335182
I realize this is a hard time and I am sorry this happened but I'm happy you have another and will be hanging around...

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thanks Maggie, I believe that if the tort wasn't in my care and the guiding hands of this community, it wouldn't have survived for this long. Weird isn't it? She never used her back legs and now her9 plastron is so soft, when I rubbed it, it would bend inward? Perhaps it was genetics, who knows? Atleast now she is doing better. This is an absolute amazing community. I have one of her siblings, Sunny which is thriving because of this forumView attachment 335180View attachment 335181View attachment 335182
She was so cute!! I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you & yours.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
20211028_150231.jpg
Today I burried Luna. Intresting isn't it? The relieve I feel now, knowing she is no longer ill. I knew that she was either going to recover or not, but it seems multiple factors like genetics, was not in her favour. Its been three days, and I burried her today. I think I feel a common feeling, that all us tort enthusiasts feel, to love an intresting animal, its been three weeks, and that feeling of care is still here. To know that no matter what, it is going to end good, even though it sometimes doesn't feel like it. Luna is now by the rainbow bridge, and continuing her journey in this universe of ours.
Out of the deepest depths of my heart, I would like to thank all of the members on this forum, in the last 3 weeks you helped me help an ill tort live its best possible life, for that I can never repay you, but again we all share a common love for this animal and its relatives, perhaps that is the greatest gift we all could have received here. Thank you friends, thank you so much.?
This is the end of this thread