Reptile Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Does anyone know anything about a reptile show this month in San Diego? I heard there was going to be one but can't find anything on here about it. I have never been to anything like that and would love to go.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Thank you!! I am so excited to go to this. I am somewhat new to the reptile world so I have never been to a reptile show, in fact before I moved to a place infested by snakes I had such a bad phobia of them that I could not go in pet shops. Living here has cured me of that but it still creeps me out a little to see them in cages or held by people.
Is anyone else going? I would love to meet some of you in person:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Yeah! I went to the first few in San Diego when I worked at the Zoo ('90s)...better people and very well organized. The LA show (actually Pomona Fairgrounds), I was NEVER fond of.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I try and stay away from L.A. too crowded for me and I don't like the traffic. Down town San Diego is only about 45 minutes away so I can deal with the crowd and traffic to go to this.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
All of the CA shows that go on nowadays are done by different promoters than the shows back in even 2005, so it's a little difficult to compare apples to apples based on the city alone. The current batch of Pomona shows are much better than the shows there from 2004-2006, same with the San Diego shows. I think SD will be big, even though June is a little early in the "breeding season" for many snake people. We are pretty low on tortoises usually until July or August.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Angi said:
Thank you!! I am so excited to go to this. I am somewhat new to the reptile world so I have never been to a reptile show, in fact before I moved to a place infested by snakes I had such a bad phobia of them that I could not go in pet shops. Living here has cured me of that but it still creeps me out a little to see them in cages or held by people.
Is anyone else going? I would love to meet some of you in person:)

I'm just like you a newbie...;) I'll be there too!....:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would imagine the SD one would be bigger simply because more people go to SD than pomona for vacations, and such.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Yeah! I went to the first few in San Diego when I worked at the Zoo ('90s)...better people and very well organized. The LA show (actually Pomona Fairgrounds), I was NEVER fond of.

YUP .... DIEGO show rocks. Better vibe ....
Plus where elese can ya buy a tort and talk to an inmate 30 sec later?
:p

The show is downtown ..and the street you park off of ..well ya walk right under the " HOLIDAYFREE IN" .. 6x6 holding cells! :D
Look for the slanted windows! ... ha ha ha
I wont tell ya how there furnished! .;)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Well no offense but I like the pomona show cause I live right across the street from it.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
WHY are the reptile shows always on the one weekend in the month I work????????? Is it an intervention so I don't spend any money or just horrible luck? :(

Dawna

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
dmmj said:
Well no offense but I like the pomona show cause I live right across the street from it.

Yeah! I lived in LaVerne for a short time, but NEVER liked anything that went on at the Fairgrounds...the shows, the FAIR, the gangbangers...oh yeah! I did dig the Winternationals back in the day...;)

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
From a vendor standpoint, San Diego is much more hassle to get in and out of. You basically unload on the side of the building, kinda halfway in the street (at least last time). Pomona is much easier getting in and out. I do enjoy the SD atmosphere more, though. Nice weather and the trees around there remind me of Hawaii for some reason.

We'll be at both shows. For the Pomona one, looks like I have to go home (to Las Vegas) on Saturday after the show to make an appearance at a wedding reception, and come back again on Sunday morning. Fun times!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
well I have lived here ten years now and I have not seen one gang banger, and the only thing i don't like at the fair grounds is the races otherwise I am pretty cool with it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dmmj said:
well I have lived here ten years now and I have not seen one gang banger, and the only thing i don't like at the fair grounds is the races otherwise I am pretty cool with it.

I rode the short lived Motocross track that was there several years ago. Did you hear me?

DeanS said:

San Diego was by far the best show, back in the day. We probably crossed paths there. I did like the Pomona shows too. I liked any reptile show anywhere.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm going to try to make an appearance at the SD show and TFO will have a booth at the Pomona ("LA") show!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am planning to go to the San Diego reptile show. I ordered a black T-shirt with a green bling turtle on it to wear. If you see me please say hi and introduce your self. I would love to meet you all in person:). I am not sure what to expect and am a little nervous. Snake in cages or held by people kind of freak me out. Yeah I know it is a strange phobia, but I am much better than I used to be before I move to a place infested by snakes.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I will be stuck in my booth all weekend, but I'd like to meet any of you that are there also. You'll have to use your username, since I don't know many/any other names.... Looks like we're going to be backed against the wall on the center - right side (if you walk in, go to the middle of the show and turn right, you should run right into us). We are a bit low on inventory this time of year, but we'll still have a lot of neat stuff there to see. Just look for the big "Tortoise Supply" banner!

And please, everyone, I'm trying to avoid taking home the 30+ bags of cypress that I'm taking with me (I'm up to my ears in it mostly because it's expensive to ship), so feel free to come by on Sunday afternoon and get what's left very cheap.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I will be there Sat. We have a beach camping trip planned Sun-Wed., but I will stop by your booth.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I'll be there Sunday! I got the day off from work! =] Bringing Tony and his son Tony :p

Status
Not open for further replies.