Reptilecity.com

DayDreamer

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan PR
Let me start by saying I did NOT end up buying from this site and never will, however I would like to share my experience with you all.

a couple months ago I started a painful and long search for some place I could buy a box turtle from. they are very rare here so at the time (with no connections in the reptile community here) my only choice was to buy online. I came across reptilecity.com sent them a email and got a response from the owner, the prices were awesome and I was super excited that I thought i had found someone.
after a few emails back and forth i asked him about his shipping methods (after seeing unboxing videos on youtube where he used usps and no live animal, fragile, or perishable notices on the boxes) well we all know you cant ship live animals through usps. that was my 1st red flag... when i brought this up and asked him to ship the turtle responsibly and legally he refused and told me he had to many clients in puerto rico to lose over this... i then went on to look up reviews for this company and ALOT of people have had so many problems with them, from never receiving the reptile to taking months to deliver...

anyways thought i would share my experience with these guys... i did end up finding someone here after another long search so thankfully ill never have to deal with this guy again.

crice

Never buy from reptile city... They middle man and don't use overnight shipping. Also bad with gettin species right.
I had a Jackson's chameleon shipped to me in no container, just a box with paper in it that he was crammed in.

Order Monday, ships Tuesday, tells you t ships Wednesday and arrives Thursday.

He sent me an extra 1000 crickets on accident so I pour them into my container and he's complaining how I'm ahead of the "game" and that I owed him $20, i figured if he wanted them that bad I would ship them back after I count them out just to be an *** lol.
Anyways he says he's from TX but all his boxes say FL?? And that he works with a side company "turtle source" but anyways I give him 1 out of 5 stars. His animals come sick!!

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, Ar
We have had a bad experience with ReptileCity.com where he said to a member of our Facebook group that he was sending her a 6 month old Russian. It was a little bigger than a quarter and more than likely a hatchling. She emailed with no responses. We tried to help her rehab it and eventually she brought the tortoise to me after 4 months. At his point it was 65 oz. When I emailed him to make him aware of this he said called me so I did. He was then very rude and said that he wouldn't help anyone months later and that unless she had things in writing he wouldn't help. I just say stay away when there are much better people out there.

He has a score of F in Texas with the Better Business Bureau. He has since moved to Florida.

Attachments

• IMG_20140728_200941.jpg
    IMG_20140728_200941.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42