REPTILES MAGAZINE-Western Hermann's Tortoise Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since I've been active on here because I've had a very busy last 6 months or so. But I did want to inform everyone that I have an article on Western Hermann's Tortoises (Testudo hermanni hermanni) coming out in REPTILES MAGAZINE'S January 2011 Issue. The issue will be available in stores worldwide starting next month. I'm very proud of this and wanted to share it with all of you. I hope you get your hands on a copy. As some of you know, I have been working extensively with Western Hermann's for years now and finally I am able to get some good info out there to reptile/tortoise enthusiasts in a very public way.

I did want to point out a few things, for one, they put a photo of a Marginated tortoise on the cover...I have no idea why they did that, I guess they got confused. They also left out a very important photo of mine showing the longitudinal black bands on the plastron of these tortoises which is one of their most defining characteristics. They also left out a few notes in the identification paragraph. Either way, I'm very excited for it and hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks!
-Chris
www.gardenstatetortoise.com

Snapper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
It is great article, I have it already, as I subsceibe to Reptiles Magazine. It was funny, when I was reading it, I was wondering if the author was on this forum, and, well, here you are lol. Good job!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your article was wonderful, Chris, and your pictures were fantastic too. My cover has an Axolotl on it.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Chris, great article!I have also had my issue for a couple weeks .I would love to work with these torts someday!I may have to put my name on your waiting list!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I went to the store today and they do not have it in store! I hope it is because they will receive it in December!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
i read it too,it got me curious about the western hermanns bcuz everytime i see them available its only the regular hermanns tortoises not the subspecies in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.