REPTILEUV DISHONEST AND SCAM DONT BUY

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomeEdger

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ridgefield, WA
So i was able to actually get a live person some how to answer back on the 22nd of october i was told they are shipping my 60w eb kit which never happened and yes they are in stock as she claimed oh yeah and they are very quick to take your money and then give you no service. They never returned any of my calls or emails i finally filed a claim through paypal and am getting a refund the gentleman i spoke to at paypal told me they have received alot of complaints about this companies dishonesty so heads up to everyone they are a scam and do not live up to their word. I have bought alot of things in my 30 years of life and this companies customer service is the worst i have ever had in my whole life. They have no idea whats even going on with there products the lady who answered the phone way back has no idea what she is doing. I would definately go with another brand of bulb. Bob Mac who is the supposed owner had better get a handle on his buisness as i can tell if he keeps this up Reptileuv will be no more!!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
This is a shame. Megaray is such a great bulb.

I will say that I was unhappy with my order from them last year around christmas time as well. Everything came quickly enough, but I bought one of the reptile safe heat coil lamp things. They sent me one made by T-Rex in the T-Rex packaging. I just looked it up, the official name they give it is "Mega-Ray HP - 60 watt heat projector". I felt that they scammed me, because at the end of the day I bought the megaray project and got the T-Rex projector (I know, they're probably the same product anyway...)

I emailed several times to ask them about it, and I was polite in every email, but I never got any responses. In the end I just gave up. It wasn't worth my time to deal with it.

I feel for you, and I'm not that impressed with them either. I have no intention of buying another megaray again. From now on I'll just skip the middle man and buy T-Rex.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I do agree with this. I had bought a bulb back in April, and it died sometime back in July I can't even remember but they keep saying they'll get the bulbs in and yadda yadda but here I am at November still with no idea when they will get it in "stock" and "IF" they will even send me a replacement. I've pretty much given up on them and moved on since this is just pretty pathetic. Now with T-Rex out... I am forced to this this zoo med one... sigh..

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Mao Senpai said:
I do agree with this. I had bought a bulb back in April, and it died sometime back in July I can't even remember but they keep saying they'll get the bulbs in and yadda yadda but here I am at November still with no idea when they will get it in "stock" and "IF" they will even send me a replacement. I've pretty much given up on them and moved on since this is just pretty pathetic. Now with T-Rex out... I am forced to this this zoo med one... sigh..

I haven't dealt with them, but I do know that both MegaRay and T-rex have stated that they had issues with their bulbs. I thought everyone knew this (it's on every reptile forum, even here). And I think just recently MegaRay has started shipping bulbs out, but this is to people who ordered them way back when and never got them.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Odd, I put in an order 3 or so weeks ago for 2 EB60 kits and a Solar meter 6.2. I paid via PayPal, and got no confirmation, so I called and left a message. In less than an hour, Jimmy, I think their sales manager called. We talked for over 2 hours about bulbs, some problems they have had getting supplies, and animals! During this call he said the 6.2 meter was on back order.

The 2 EB 60 kits arrived a week later and I am very pleased. I hope the meter will be in shortly, and will follow thru in a few days to ask about its expected delivery.

Jimmy did say a previous sales manager did ignor e mails and he is trying to catch up!

I will not make excuses for them as if they want to grow, they will realize prompt communication is very important.

I will say that I am satisfied! I will do business with them again! And they have the best bulb on the market IMO!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I knew that both were having the issues but I am getting impatient and antsy I guess.... I want the best bulbs now! :( I'd take them outside if it wasn't 40F out... ah well... we'll see if they ever send me anything.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
PeanutbuttER said:
Just to clarify my post from earlier...

This is what I paid for
http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-hp-60-watt-heat-projector.php

and this is what was sent to me. Same box, same everything.
http://www.t-rexproducts.com/products/lighting/heat-safe/

and I just now noticed this great little line on the product profile. It's the first line...
"There is simply no other manufacturer that builds a heating device like this!"
Hah! ;)

You have a right to be upset. In the end, its probably the same product, but not the way to conduct business! They are sending the wrong message!

handsomeEdger

5 Year Member
Ridgefield, WA
Guess I was just not pleased because the kit I ordered was in stock, it was not one of the products on back order. I to left messages for jimmy as well as emails and nothing back at all. I contacted Paypal again today. Another wierd thing was I got this supposed tracking number in an email on the 22nd i checked it out and called ups they said she made the tracking number and then cancelled it so that I guess she thought that would satisfy me? Having a fake tracking number? The guy at paypal looked into it and said the same thing it was an empty tracking number that led to nothing! Was this her idea of customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.