Reputable breeders for Forsten's tortoise hatchlings?

DreamenderCA

5 Year Member
Hello,

Does anyone know any reputable Forsten's tortoise breeders who rehome their hatchlings (in the US that is)?
I know there are some websites who sell Forsten's tortoises, but I always have strong preference for breeders (especially for Forsten's tortoises).

Thank you,
KYing

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You need to talk to @MichaelaW Hopefully she will see this and chime in. She is a pro with this species and knows most or all of the breeders in this country. When I'm ready to get into these, or elongateds, she will be my first call.

Hi Michaela! :)

DreamenderCA

5 Year Member
Thanks, Tom, for the fast reply!
And yes, hopefully @MichaelaW would be able to provide some insights. I have exceptional experience with the Forsten's tortoises I obtained from Andrew Hermes, but not so much with one that I obtained from a reseller in Florida. So I'm reluctant to get any from resellers. Really love this species and really want them to do well!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
You need to talk to @MichaelaW Hopefully she will see this and chime in. She is a pro with this species and knows most or all of the breeders in this country. When I'm ready to get into these, or elongateds, she will be my first call.

Hi Michaela! :)
Wow, I don't think I deserve such a complement! Ben Forrest is the very best when it comes to forstenii. Five out of my group are from him.

DreamenderCA

5 Year Member
Wow, I don't think I deserve such a complement! Ben Forrest is the very best when it comes to forstenii. Five out of my group are from him.
Hi MichaelaW. Thanks for sharing! You have many pretty and happy-looking FTs, so you certainly deserve the FT pro title. :)
I did try to contact Ben via his turtle alliance email, but didn't get any reply... And I think he has not been on this forum since 2016... May I know when you got your FTs from him? I'm wondering if he's still breeding any FTs at all.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Hi MichaelaW. Thanks for sharing! You have many pretty and happy-looking FTs, so you certainly deserve the FT pro title. :)
I did try to contact Ben via his turtle alliance email, but didn't get any reply... And I think he has not been on this forum since 2016... May I know when you got your FTs from him? I'm wondering if he's still breeding any FTs at all.
Ben is a very quiet person and is not active on social media. I have got mine from him over the past three years. He definitely still breeds them, but will never advertise them anywhere. He can be difficult to get in contact with.