Rescued a tort advice please

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Oh for fudge sake Right I’m getting her booked into vet ASAP.
can you tell if she Greek or hemanns I’ve attached a pic Of her back leg
She's a Hermann's Tortoise.

Glad you have her now and can give her the proper care she needs. I definitely recommend a Vet visit to check over everything and run some tests to see what her condition is. Keep us posted!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Yes, I agree: she looks just like my female Hermann’s tortoise! They are lovely, sweet animals!
You are SUCH a good person!!!
I applaud your efforts to educate your friend, and I 100% support your action to save this little life!!! :<3:

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
She does have a respiratory infection. And early stages of MBD.
I’ve been given oral drops (vitamins). And has a follow up next week. Sorry I’ve had one hell of a day and forgot to update my bad
Have you told your friend you got her from? Just curious really what she would say ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
She does have a respiratory infection. And early stages of MBD.
I’ve been given oral drops (vitamins). And has a follow up next week. Sorry I’ve had one hell of a day and forgot to update my bad
Poor baby... atleast she has someone now who can help her feel better and have a better life

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
HOLD ON. what "vitamins"? Reptiles, unlike mammals, cannot excrete their excess vitamins and can overdose. Common vet mistakes are vitamin injections, like vitamin A where the excess from the shot ends up sloughing off the tortoises' skin. This is also a clear sign that the vet is inexperienced with reptiles, depending on what was given.

Personally, I would never recommend extra vitamins. A good balanced diet should be enough. My tort also had a respiratory infection when I got her, but she ended up getting 3 rounds of antibiotics. MBD cannot be reversed but it can be further prevented.

Zoeclare

Uk
Maybe stick with a closed chamber rather than a tortoise table for now so you can make sure she's warm enough.