Rescued Sulcata WARNING!! GRAPHIC PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland, Oregon
Kelli~ I stumbled across this last night right before bed. I stayed up until I had the head nod thing going. I woke up this morning and finished Cricket's story. Cricket looks very good. He seems to be such a fighter, and has so much personality. You are doing a great job! Keep up the great work.
I have a boxie get out of their outdoor pen before, and I searched and searched. I know I felt the same way you did... :( It was horrible! Coulda, woulda, shoulda, mighta, etc... I think the biggest thing for others to learn from this is to be super careful, because things happen, but also to know that these things happen to good owners, bad owners, and in the wild. no one is exempt. They may think they are perfect in all that they do, but no one is. It would be wonderful if accidents never happened. People wouldn't die on our roads, or in planes, earthquakes, etc.
My only comment about all the earlier hostility and hurt feelings is that....some people are just meaner than others...or say what they want to say with disregard for what others will feel... that being said.....
someone can say the same thing in several different ways and it can be taken several different ways: it can be said constructively, it can hurt, or it can be ignored. If you approach someone with helpful info in a friendly "let me help way" they will usually absorb it. If you are very stern and tell them that everything they do is wrong, they will cry and be very hurt, and you may or may not be listened to and if you throw out insults and slander then they will be upset, hurt, and think you are a jerk and will lose all respect for you.It is all in how you say it.
I would love it if people would write what they want to say, and then read it aloud before you push send. Maybe even let it sit until the next day...

I enjoy this forum and have read some VERY valuable information, but the pissy people need to only be allowed fingerless gloves until they chill out... haha :) haha:)

Status
Not open for further replies.