Rescued Sulcatas need forever home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
I do not have these torts. I am posting for Waterboy. Please contact him with any questions and interest.

He has several Sulcatas in California that are looking for their forever families! They are various ages and sizes. 3 were rescues from AZ that I picked up and he fostered.

For some reason I am unable to post pictures now. Not sure why. Sorry.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Cant get pics to work but if you are looking just pm me your number and ill text pics soon as possible. they are all very active now eating like horses.Any questions just ask thanks Andrew

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Is there any way to get pics up? We need to get these guys forever homes. They are waiting for you to to be their special friend...

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Andrew and I are having issues with putting pics up here. I put pics in the TFO Facebook page. You can also PM me or Waterboy with your email or cell # and we will be happy to send pics that way!

fiveash

5 Year Member
Either one. Id like to ask a few questions. Can u post a link to the facebook page. Id perfer them to be a few years old mine is 7 and ive read they do well with company.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
fiveash said:
Id perfer them to be a few years old mine is 7 and ive read they do well with company.

Hate to burst your bubble, but normally the opposite is true. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi fiveash, and welcome to the forum. Jacqui is right, two torts don't usually get along...in fact, it can be putting the tort being rescued in an environment that is worse than the one he came from. What these recuses need are homes that are stress-free as possible. Usually, they need special care and attention--something your 7 yr old tort will not understand. Once a tort has established its territory, introducing another tort will cause the dominant one to bully the new comer. Sorry.

fiveash

5 Year Member
Makes sense but I have plenty of room. I have a huge yard and love to build things so that kinda helps.

Clementine

5 Year Member
Southern, USA
I'm not looking for another..yet - but if I were...would two of the same sex (I'm definitely NOT interested in breeding) do OK together down the line? If so, what would be the age cut off for introducing two torts of the same gender?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Clementine said:
I'm not looking for another..yet - but if I were...would two of the same sex (I'm definitely NOT interested in breeding) do OK together down the line? If so, what would be the age cut off for introducing two torts of the same gender?

Two females MIGHT be ok. Any other combo is not good. You won't know the sex of the torts until around 5 years if they grow under good circumstances. These torts are very small for 3 year olds so it may be longer before you could tell the sex for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tortoiseforum/

Link to the Tortoise Forum FB page. I posted a few pics of the available torts there.

fiveash

5 Year Member
I would be willing to do one or two. How big are they are sex? Amd how.much wouod cost total shipping to 31525?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
When I had them in October they were between 4-4.5 inches. All but one were under a pound. They definitely would need to be separate from your older one. All 3 of these are still too small to sex. I will try to contact Waterboy for him to get the shipping quotes. I don't know his zip code so I can't get an estimate for you, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.