Rescued three toed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I found a craigslist add yesterday for a female three toed and they were only asking $30 for her. So I call the guy and he tells me that they had her in with there bearded dragon and she got bite on her back leg so they feel its best to find her a new home. He also told me the wound was already healing. For me it was not a big issue, so I set up a time to pick her up today.

Well when I got there, she was being kept in a small aquarium with an all sand substrate and a small water bowl, "my hatchlings have a bigger water bowl". There was still no way I was leaving her. Once home I put her in the tub for a nice soak, well her head had been under the water for a few minutes so she is most likely dehydrated and the so called healing wound is actually a fresh wound and on both rear legs"I will start treating it after the soak". She has some old shell injuries so I am sure she is wild caught.

I hope she will be happier now.. I also know this will not be easy because I know she most likely has a lot of sand in her system...

SN850545.jpg

SN850550.jpg

SN850540.jpg

SN850542.jpg

SN850543.jpg

I couldn't get any good picks of her feet injuries but I can say I have seen worse..

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
All I can say is that she is one lucky turtle. Good thing you found her. She's a beauty too. Imagine how many are out there that we don't know about that need saving.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree she is thin.. I feel bad for her..

terryo said:
All I can say is that she is one lucky turtle. Good thing you found her. She's a beauty too. Imagine how many are out there that we don't know about that need saving.

Its very scary...:(

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
she has a beautiful shell pattern too....And Terryo is right....there are so many that go unsaved....so in a way the ppl who post for new homes are actually helping these turtles.....

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Now that I got he cleaned up, it looks like the the skin has been torn and a small section is missing. I have her on newspaper for now and I cleaned it good.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats on the great save. He is a pretty one. Hope all goes well on the injury healing. He got his angle:D Hopefully the rest out their that needs an angle will get theirs soon.:)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I got her set up on news papers while I treat her back feet injury. I placed her outside for a little bit but I think it stressed her out so I brought her back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.