Respiratory illness - Please Help

MaryJane

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bloomington, IN
My sully is constantly wheezing. I don't know her age, but she's twenty pounds. She's indoors right now. How high should her temps be?

daniellenc

Maryland
Your guy needs a vet but in the meantime warm soaks and temps over 85 with a basking spot around 100 are necessary

MaryJane

5 Year Member
Bloomington, IN
Substrate is mostly orchard grass and timothy hay. I'm trying to get her moved because she is living in a little kiddie pool, and she has no room to move around. I posted her pic in my profile, but am currently not able to photograph her. I am just her caregiver, with limited abilities. I make sure she is soaked every other day in tepid water. Today, I added two more heat lamps (now 4 total). I know she is cold.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Substrate is mostly orchard grass and timothy hay. I'm trying to get her moved because she is living in a little kiddie pool, and she has no room to move around. I posted her pic in my profile, but am currently not able to photograph her. I am just her caregiver, with limited abilities. I make sure she is soaked every other day in tepid water. Today, I added two more heat lamps (now 4 total). I know she is cold.
Orchard grass and hay are not good substrates. They will mold. You should be using cococoir, fir bark, or a mixture of that. These could also be the cause of her wheezing. There is a lot of dust like partials in the orchard grass.

MaryJane

5 Year Member
Bloomington, IN
Orchard grass and hay are not good substrates. They will mold. You should be using cococoir, fir bark, or a mixture of that. These could also be the cause of her wheezing. There is a lot of dust like partials in the orchard grass.
Thank you so much! I will fix that asap!