Respiratory Infections

Alex Prolucs

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt
Last time, my Egyptian tortoise died cause I couldn’t find a reptile vet to ask for the antibiotics.. it was an upper respiratory infection.

But I need some help in order to be ready if this happens again, can I know what antibiotics shall I use? And are they the same for Egyptians and Greeks?

I know that I have to raise up temperatures and soak the tortoise in baby carrot food and I did that but what about antibiotics? And what are the very early symptoms for RI’s?

Redfoot mamma

Texas
Look up on YouTube how to treat an RI for a visual aid on this. When my tortoise starts to exhibit symptoms of this I start with this first. A reptifogger with f10 veterinary antiseptic solution. You take the hose after you put 4 ml for every liter of water in the digger you make a hole in the plastic tub and place the hose in it needs to be closed chamber so the tortoise breaths it in. This will cost about 70 dollars give or take with shipping. Make sure if after five days of this and the tortoise hasn't improved to take it to the vet. My tortoise was prescribed Naxel injections. If your tortoise is blowing bubbles or has a lot of mucus I'd just take it to the vet up top is a treatment for if you catch it early when you hear wheezing and it's only been a short time of them having it.

Redfoot mamma

Texas
If you want you can also fog while your waiting on the vet. I also use this on snakes with the antiseptic when they have trouble shedding. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about the solution and a pic of my emerald tree boas getting fogged.

Redfoot mamma

Texas
Oh naxcel can be used safely for all reptiles as an antibiotic according to my vet. I've even had it prescribed to my horses before for viral strep throat it has worked well on all my animals I've used them on.

Attachments

• IMG_20180326_213941.jpg
    IMG_20180326_213941.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

Alex Prolucs

Egypt
Oh naxcel can be used safely for all reptiles as an antibiotic according to my vet. I've even had it prescribed to my horses before for viral strep throat it has worked well on all my animals I've used them on.

Thanks! Much appreciation for your help!!

But what kind of stores sell foggers?

Redfoot mamma

Texas
I got my foggedr and the f 10 on Amazon. You can get the zoo med one but I didn't the one I got holds two litres of water instead of one and In my opinion holds up better.

Alex Prolucs

Egypt
I got my foggedr and the f 10 on Amazon. You can get the zoo med one but I didn't the one I got holds two litres of water instead of one and In my opinion holds up better.

Oh.. I just found that this item doesn’t ship globally..