RF hides a lot - diet?

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
A short one then. You don't want to blind your tort. Any chance you can make something bigger?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Just remember that RF live in the shade so you need low lying plants for ground cover for your tort to hide under.

tortmomma417

Kyle, Tx
A short one then. You don't want to blind your tort. Any chance you can make something bigger?
I will make something bigger soon. I got convinced to buy all the pet store merchandise and spent about $700 just recently getting my tort situated so not going to lie, it will be a month or two until I can build something new. Ive added an aloe vera plant and a strawberry plant in his enclosure so far, hopefully adding more soon. Also purchased one of the lamp stands and am purchasing the UVB light online tonight.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
So sorry you spent so much and got so little.
It has made some new members so frustrated that they left the forum.
I promise you that once you get the basics ironed out it will be a pretty easy and inexpensive, enjoyable relationship. You and your tortoise.

tortmomma417

Kyle, Tx
So sorry you spent so much and got so little.
It has made some new members so frustrated that they left the forum.
I promise you that once you get the basics ironed out it will be a pretty easy and inexpensive, enjoyable relationship. You and your tortoise.
I know, wish I would have found this forum sooner! But for now he's happy and eating finally and I have the temp and humidity correct. His water dish is correct and he has a nice hide and some plants. Rest will come soon! Thanks for all your help. Monty spent practically all day out of his hide with only a few naps!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah just fix it in bits. We've all been where you are now but like ZP said. Once you have it set up right it's ver low maintenance for you and extremely consistent for your tort which is the key to tort health.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I agree with everything @tortdad said, that's why I didn't answer when you showed photos of your enclosure, I didn't want you to think I was being ignorant.:D

tortmomma417

Kyle, Tx
I agree with everything @tortdad said, that's why I didn't answer when you showed photos of your enclosure, I didn't want you to think I was being ignorant.:D
Not at all! Thanks for all your help as well. I've been posting tons of threads lately but Monty is finally adjusted and boy, he is a character. Had to take the plants out because he was destroying them! haha

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Not at all! Thanks for all your help as well. I've been posting tons of threads lately but Monty is finally adjusted and boy, he is a character. Had to take the plants out because he was destroying them! haha
We've all been there with the plants. They either get eaten or trampled on. Your better off with hides, dried leaves and fake plants that are out of reach in a small enclosure.