RI to indian star, need help urgently

Kirti

Hello,
Greetings of the day,
Guys help me out, my coco(indian star) is having sticky white discharge from mouth, i guess he is having some kind of infection, laterly he was having nasal discharge( not any more).
Tell me what to do, i dont have any vet. in my locality, so what treatment and medicines would you guys recommend.

RickyGoldsmith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uranus
That's very odd and bad. I've not heard of sticky white discharge from the mouth so far.

How have you been keeping your torts ?
Have they been healthy so far ?
How do they look ?
Do they get enough water and sunlight ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Your tortoise needs warmth - no less than 27C day or night.

Your tort needs UVB light either from a special reptile lamp indoors or from the sun by being outdoors for at least an hour a day. UVB does not pass through window glass.

Your tort needs twice daily soaks in warm water for at least 30 minutes each time to make sure it is hydrated

Finally, your tort almost certainly needs a course of antibiotics. I cannot tell you a dose as that depends on the antibiotic and on the weight of your tortoise. For that you need a vet.

Kirti

I have there wooden board made enclosure, in which i have planted wheat grass, and have there hiding hut and small dish for water.
I don't know about any previous illness, its only been a month.

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have there wooden board made enclosure, in which i have planted wheat grass, and have there hiding hut and small dish for water.
I don't know about any previous illness, its only been a month.

Where are you?
How are you heating and lighting the tortoise?
What are the temperatures?
Any other tortoises with this one?

Kirti

I'm in Jaipur, India. For heating and light i gave them sunbath in morning and in late noon