Richard Fife

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarok

5 Year Member
Anybody know anything about Richard Fife and his Ivory tortoises? If i was to purchase a Sulcata would he be a good person to buy from? Also does Het for ivory mean anything or is that just a way for them to make more money?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
If I had the money for a Ivory, I would get it from Richard Fife...

The wife wouldn't be happy if I spent that much for a tortoise right now...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
If I had the money to get an ivory from Fife...I would! Oh wait! I did! ;)

fbkruv.jpg

Aladar is also up for sale...$7500 firm! CASH...Pick up ONLY!

He's very reputable.

And Het for Ivory means that they have the ivory gene and some of their offspring will produce ivory offspring!

yarok

5 Year Member
DeanS said:

fbkruv.jpg

He's very reputable.

And Het for Ivory means that they have the ivory gene and some of their offspring will produce ivory offspring!

Is there any way to verify that a tort is het for ivory or am i just taking somebodys word for it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
***says quietly to Dean: You'd better quit making that promotion. Someone might take you up on it and then have to sue you for false advertising***

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
DeanS said:

fbkruv.jpg

He's very reputable.

Ok Dean, the wife and I are still gathering the money to buy Snowflake! I wish!! :(
You got any new pic's of Snowflake and the others? Would love to see them! :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
emysemys said:
***says quietly to Dean: You'd better quit making that promotion. Someone might take you up on it and then have to sue you for false advertising***

It's not phony! I have my sights set on a grander program! And, I'm being generous! Mrs. Dean wants $10K. If no body steps up then I build Aladar a new compound...and I get to keep him! So I win, either way!

And the little ivories are up too...$500 for Snowflake (cuz she's a runt...and a girl) and $3000 for Eggroll (cuz she's a healthy girl)...again...no shipping!

Snowflake
30ro46q.jpg

iz43kp.jpg

Eggroll
2gtnqmw.jpg

3461c05.jpg

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
DeanS said:
emysemys said:

It's not phony! I have my sights set on a grander program! And, I'm being generous! Mrs. Dean wants $10K. If no body steps up then I build Aladar a new compound...and I get to keep him! So I win, either way!

And the little ivories are up too...$500 for Snowflake (cuz she's a runt...and a girl) and $3000 for Eggroll (cuz she's a healthy girl)...again...no shipping!

Snowflake
30ro46q.jpg

iz43kp.jpg

Eggroll
2gtnqmw.jpg

3461c05.jpg
Are you serious about that price of $500 for Snowflake?? That's a lot lower then the price u told me awhile ago.. Altho I'm screwed cause I live in Indiana.......

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
@ dean, how could you even consider selling aladar?
Would you consider 7500 in trade? books perhaps?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
yarok said:
I could have sworn I started this thread...
Sorry that happens to thread sometimes, we can always split it off for you if you like.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
yarok said:
I could have sworn I started this thread...

You did...I'm just throwing in the end product of what you get from Fife...plus I answered all your questions? Didn't intend to hijack it...just 'enhancing' it a bit! ;)

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
yarok said:
Is there any way to verify that a tort is het for ivory or am i just taking somebodys word for it?

You are just taking the breeder's word for it when you buy a het. Richard Fife is not someone that I would have a hard time trusting though. He has been around for a long time, and I have never heard a bad thing about him.

yarok

5 Year Member
JeffG said:
yarok said:

You are just taking the breeder's word for it when you buy a het. Richard Fife is not someone that I would have a hard time trusting though. He has been around for a long time, and I have never heard a bad thing about him.

That was the answer I was looking for. Thank you. Threads all yours guys...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
JeffG said:
yarok said:

:) He does have a great reputation.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
You do take the breeder's word for it that you have a het, although the three main people who are currently producing these in decent numbers are honest men as far as I can tell with respect to this. I have one adult male, two adult hets, and one subadult het that originally came from Richard Fife. I also have a large juvenile female that came from another breeder.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Are ivory sulcatas called "ivory" because they are pale, or because they hale from the Ivory Coast, Africa? If it is because they are pale, does that decrease their tolerance for solar radiation, and increase their ability to synthesize vitamin D, as in humans?

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I have a red foot from richard....LOVE her!
I hope to buy from him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.