Right under the light....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
Yes, I know I've only had her for half a day, but I'm curious. She seems to be trying to dig a little burrow RIGHT under her basking light. She's got a nice sized hide but she doesn't seem to care, she just wants, really badly to have a burrow under that light. The enclosure out of the light is about 75 degrees and under the light is about 85.

Is this normal? Heh...

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Russians love to dig,climb, burrow etc. I would let her dig where she wants and just keep an eye on her while she adjusts to her new home. I have 7 of them and mine are hardly ever in there hides. Congrats on your new russian they are sweeties... www.russiantortoise.org

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Seattle
jenrell23 said:
Russians love to dig,climb, burrow etc. I would let her dig where she wants and just keep an eye on her while she adjusts to her new home. I have 7 of them and mine are hardly ever in there hides. Congrats on your new russian they are sweeties... www.russiantortoise.org

Yeah I'm noticing the love to dig part, I read that but you don't really kno what to expect til you see it in action. She doesn't really seem to care about her hide, she makes her own, usually by digging under the sunning rock, water thing, food plate or pile of hay... who needs a hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.