Robyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I saw a picture of Robyn and her car today...A convertible no less...I think it's an RS and a couple of years older then my IROC...but it's still a Camaro. They are awesome cars. Mine had over 200 thousand original miles, all of them put on by me,
when I got some back pay and I put a new 350 in and added the speed chip so it goes like a bat outa hell. I mean to tell you it's just seriously fast. It rains a lot here and I am continually sliding and breaking traction. My tires are really wide, so I thought I would get better traction, but no. It hydroplanes really bad, and I have so much torque that my rear tires break traction upon acceleration. I also put in a new transmission. I am planning on keeping my car until I die that's why the new motor and transmission. My workmans comp suit is coming to an end and when I get my settlement I will put a heater in it. I have proven I can drive that car around here freezing my you know what off for 3 years now it's time for a new heater core:p I didn't need a heater in Calif, but I sure need one up here...
So Robyn...Ya wanna race???

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maggie = Queen of the road/Northern states

Robyn = Queen of the road/Southern states!!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahaha sounds like fun Maggs ! I love cars too - you seem to reeeeallllllly know your stuff :) Im sure it will be AMAZING to have a heater hehehe

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Maggie, Sounds like a serious challenge to me. But somehow I think you may have it on me. (but it would be fun to try). I have the original engine and Tranny in mine and it’s just breaking 140 thousand miles. I too need a heater, actually a blower motor. When our Lovely Gov. lets us get paid for all the days we work I will have that blower put in but first a new Top. I have a Peanut Butter colored top now and I am planning on a black one. Other than that its in pretty good shape. Caught myself in the 90 on the way back and had to slow down--glad I did about a mile up was a CHP. :) My Camero is an RS and it is a 1992, it is painted Hawaiian Orchid (orignal color) which is a beautiful shade of purple. It has tan interior and a black dash. So I think the black top will look great on it. I’ve had struts and shocks and springs replaced and a new radiator. But like you Maggie I think I will keep her. She is such a sweet ride. I think the fastest I've been is pegged out at 120. My back tires are slightly wider than the front so I have to pay extra to have them rotated, but worth it. Not much rain down here so it hugs the road pretty well. I’ll post pics when I get my new top hopefully by June. Maggie you will have to send me the pic Yvonne took I haven’t see it yet. :)

Had a great time with her she has such a wonderful set up for all her shelled kids. And her Cats were fun. One ”Little girl” I think Yvonne said her name was, jumped on my shoulder just before I left and was content for me to hold her. And her Manx (which she told me was “the cat that wasn’t there” because he hides from people) came out and played in the living room and allowed me to pet it and was quite interested in the two Torts Yvonne had set up for me to bring home. It was such a good trip. I will post in the pic section later tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.