Rocky the sulcata excited about his greens

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I try to make him eat on the cutting board so he won't accidentally eat his substrate but he gets carried away sometimes and pulls it out like in this picture! :)

Ahh. I see.

I like to use tera cotta plant saucers or butter tub lids for food. The saucers seem to hold the food down in the depression better and the lip on the lids also helps contain the food a little better. They still drag it all over though...

Nicole edwards

Mississippi
Ahh. I see.

I like to use tera cotta plant saucers or butter tub lids for food. The saucers seem to hold the food down in the depression better and the lip on the lids also helps contain the food a little better. They still drag it all over though...

I will try the Tera cotta plant saucer! This little booger is messy with his food

Nicole edwards

Mississippi
Interesting! So you haven't had any mold issues with it?
Oh no not at all! I covered each piece entirely before I put the box together so there is absolutely so wood exposed. I use this for both of my tortoises and my indoor bunny cage and I have had nothing negative from it whatsoever! Not even my destructive little bunny has not been able to tear it up.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Oh no not at all! I covered each piece entirely before I put the box together so there is absolutely so wood exposed. I use this for both of my tortoises and my indoor bunny cage and I have had nothing negative from it whatsoever! Not even my destructive little bunny has not been able to tear it up.
Cool! I have a bunny cage, I might try it in there.