Rockys story. It's worth the read. Photos attached!

Nicole edwards

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
:D:D:DWell Rocky came into my life a little different than you would expect. So my family decides to go to the local flea market one weekend, and we go a couple of times a year. On the way there I promised myself I would not come back with anything that breathes or eats because I have enough little critters as it is. We shopped around around and as we shopped this tortoise that you could buy was at the reptile stand and it would get 150-200 pounds and it was the talk of the flea market so I said well I'm going to have to go check this guy out expecting some huge tortoise, well I get over there and I see one little bitty tortoise on the table and I instantly fell in love but I knew that I could not get it, I told myself over and over that I've just got to walk away and forget about it. Well I went back anyways, I starting talking to them and learned that they had never ordered a sulcata before because they knew that they weren't to good of a seller, so on this table full of lizards, frogs, and snakes there was one little tortoise right in the middle all out of place. As I'm standing there talking myself out of buying it, a guy walked up and picked up the tortoise and was interested and in my opinion he didn't know anything about reptiles and tortoises and he just looked like someone I wouldn't trust with an animal period. I couldn't let him get this little tortoise so I slipped the lady running the cash register my credit card and got the little guy and I don't regret it one bit, I have had so much fun learning and watching him grow. :D:Dimage.jpg
This picture from when I got him is in August 2015
image.jpg
This is now April 2016

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So glad you gave Rocky a good home - he looks great!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I'll bet Rocky is super happy that he got to go home with you instead of someone who may not have cared for him as much! :) He looks so darn cute so you must be doing something right!