Roland and the new tort!

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Roland said, "What's in here?"20170708_162301.jpg
And then he knew...
20170708_162209.jpg
A tiny tort! (Back corner)

Note: this is before I spruced the cage up a bit for him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That tiny tort is in need of a much better enclosure with humidity. An open wired cage won't do it. He should be housed inside with 80% humidity and temps no lower then 80 and a basking of 95-100. He already looks slightly pyramided and without the proper housing he will get worse quickly. Please check out the leopard care sheet.

Meganolvt

Michigan
@wellington I know you are quick to correct everyone on here and I understand your concern. I know how to take care of a leopard, this isn't his everyday enclosure. He was outside for a few hours. I should have known better than to post a few fun pics. This is literally the day I got him, so any pyramiding was not from my care.

Meganolvt

Michigan
@Kasia: thanks! The husband named him Gary, i'm not sold on the idea yet (after all, it could be a Gertrude, who knows?)

Meganolvt

Michigan
And for the record, there is absolutely no pyramidimg on the little leopard, I can see that it could look that way in the picture but he's completely smooth. Perfect example of the danger in some of the "experts" on here making judgements by looking at pictures.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@wellington I know you are quick to correct everyone on here and I understand your concern. I know how to take care of a leopard, this isn't his everyday enclosure. He was outside for a few hours. I should have known better than to post a few fun pics. This is literally the day I got him, so any pyramiding was not from my care.
Didn't figure it was your care. Don't mean to offend, my only concern is for the tortoise! When I see bad, I can't assume the owner knows better because most do not!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And for the record, there is absolutely no pyramidimg on the little leopard, I can see that it could look that way in the picture but he's completely smooth. Perfect example of the danger in some of the "experts" on here making judgements by looking at pictures.
Again, as you said, it sure looks like it from the pic and again can't assume you know better. After all it's not not like your a long time member that post all the time. I'm originally from Michigan. I know all about the bad animal care given out by vets, pet stores and even breeders. My only concern is for the tort.