Roland at the orchard

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
20161029_134946.jpgI was asked to come to a fundraiser for a pet rescue group that was held at a local orchard. I had to answer vet questions from people attending the event, so of course I took my little education ambassador, Roland! He kept walking out of his Bowser costume, but was still the star of the event. I am always so excited to do these kinds of things because it gives me a chance to educate the public about reptile care. Roland is always such a good sport, and lots of people touched him and asked me good questions. It was great!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Aww, what a handsome little dude! How did he handle the stress of all the people around?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to enjoy doing that too. Too old and decrepit now.

Meganolvt

Michigan
He's always great when I take him to events. He marches around like he owns the place and stops to let people touch him. And he never sucks in his shell, it's great. Lots of dogs got to sniff him and he wasn't afraid of any of them! He's hilarious.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I think Vern and Roland would be buddies. He's the same way. "Pet me! Love me! Hi Dog! Hi kids! Do you have treats?!"

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
I think Vern and Roland would be buddies. He's the same way. "Pet me! Love me! Hi Dog! Hi kids! Do you have treats?!"
Sounds like an awesome tort! Wish I could meet him sometime. ^_^