Ron from Oregon

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Greetings from Eugene! My torts wont touch the dubias. If they are going to eat live food its almost always worms.

That being said I love dubias as a feeder for my other critters who have eaten them in the past. I started with 100 of them in 2005 and I never bought another roach. They breed like crazy and I sell off about 1000 of them every few months for $100. Good investment. They are quiet, they don't smell, don't fly, and they eat all of my kitchen scraps.

RonC

Greetings from Eugene! My torts wont touch the dubias. If they are going to eat live food its almost always worms.

That being said I love dubias as a feeder for my other critters who have eaten them in the past. I started with 100 of them in 2005 and I never bought another roach. They breed like crazy and I sell off about 1000 of them every few months for $100. Good investment. They are quiet, they don't smell, don't fly, and they eat all of my kitchen scraps.
Heck yea love Eugene! Thank you for the feed back about the Dubia roches! They arrive in just a few days, I hope my boxie likes them! Have you ever had any get out? Do they live long? Yea my crickets smell something fierce! My turtle love chasing them around but I am hoping to cut my colony down a bit because of the smell. How do you sell your roaches?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I haven't had any issues with escapees. I dumped the bin in my garage once and would up with some crunchy corpses. The babies can climb some enclosures but I've never had them try to colonize my house.

I put them in a sterilite him with holes in the lid, set them in a heat pad and basicly ignore them aside from cleaning and feeding. If it is dry I'll mist, they don't thrive without humidity.

I sell mine on Craigslist or the Oregon Reptile Classifieds on Facebook. I also have a couple of let stores who have purchased them in the past.

You'll want to ditch the crickets after the roaches get going, I swear.

RonC

Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes with the roaches.

O and the crickets are history after they get here!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm glad you can read through the typos. I've got my wrist in a brace and i haven't mastered typing with it yet. haha.