Run Chekhov!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
Today is 80+ degrees outside and we were putting up the pool so I figured it was the perfect time to introduce Chekhov to the outdoors. He was kept in a 20 gallon glass aquarium for the first years of his life, so this was his first outing.

Chekhov wouldn't come out of his shell until we got his best buddy out, my 8 year old daughter. She feeds him and pets his tongue, so he's always willing to run toward her. Once he saw her he took off!
2012-06-03120348.jpg

2012-06-03120807.jpg

What a cutie :) We love our RT. You can see there where the previous owner's dog chewed off his shell by his back leg, but after months of medication and baths, he's looking much better.
2012-06-03120622.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am glad he is doing fine after the dog bite. Glad he also got to go outside and enjoy the weather. Do you have an outdoor enclosure for him? If not, surf the enclosure section thread, you can get some great easy ideas.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That first pic is absolutely beautiful....I love the look in your daughters eyes watching her little buddy.....great pic :D Beautiful daughter, beautiful tort.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Did he go for a swim?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The higher dome tortoises can swim to some extent, a lower domed tortoise like a russian I imagine would not do so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.