Russian adult indoor enclosure

Viola B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Can a Russian adult indoor enclosure be 16' by 2' as long as it is 32 sq feet? Thinking ahead when my little one will be an adult. I have the space for that size with parts of the enclosure 3' wide.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Like with any enclosure, and the one you describe sounds great for size, is to include tortoise eye level breaks, so the tortoise can not see their whole world at one time. It's a kind of behavioral enrichment. A few hides that block end to end view, things like that.

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Thank you for those ideas. The enclosure will have and "L" shape to it. Right now the little one is in a 6' × 2' going to 3' at one end. I have lots of plants and two hides in it. I have learned all from this forum. This is such a great place to learn what is best for your tortiose. I feel very grateful to have found this forum.

arami25

Atlanta, GA
Hi viola could you post a photo of where your tortoise is staying right now? I am curious to learn more about how to build a bigger indoor enclosure for my russian tortoise, Sunshine. She’s 2 and I need to give her more space to roam :(

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hi viola could you post a photo of where your tortoise is staying right now? I am curious to learn more about how to build a bigger indoor enclosure for my russian tortoise, Sunshine. She’s 2 and I need to give her more space to roam :(
I will try to post a picture when I can figure out how to do it.

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Attachments

• 20190111_220821.jpg
    20190111_220821.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20190111_220802.jpg
    20190111_220802.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53