Russian not eating, very lathargic

Jon c

Location (City and/or State)
Williamsville
Hi I got a Russian from petsmart (unfortunately) on 3-7-20 and noticed right away the poor guy was really sick. He was very slow and lethargic and extremely dehydrated as he drank for about 15-20 mins Strait only breaking to catch his breath. when I brought him in for his vet check up (3-19) it was discovered he had an extreme amount of pin worm. We began treatment the following day. I stripped his cocoa coir and laid down paper towels to properly clean his poop so he doesn't reinfect.
I'm quite sure he is past the initial being shy stage as he seems comfortable around us and hangs with his head out, but he has still not eaten a thing since the 7th that we know of and he sleeps most of the day unless we wake him. His "caretaker" at petsmart was not much help trying to find out any info on him so for all we know he wasn't eating days before the 7th. He does enjoy his soaks and drinks quite a bit but at this point im just wondering if I should be doing something different or more extreme like trying to force something into his mouth with a baby feeder.
I would appreciate any help more than you know I'm extremely worried about him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can soak him in a 50/50 solution of warm water/Gerber strained carrots. If he drinks it great, but even if he doesn't, he will absorb some nutrients through the thin skin on his throat and around the cloaca.

Warm his enclosure up to 80F degrees all over, day and night. You can readjust the temperatures once he's well and eating good.

Jon c

Williamsville
Should I be achieving that 80 degree temp by placing the heat source (basking bulb uv combo) at the appropriate height in the center of his enclosure and leaving it on 24/7 or should I be going lights off at night and jumping room temp to 80?