Russian Pen and Night Box--Pics

klawran1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Acworth, GA
So my husband and I spent today to work on my Russian's pen and night box (one of Tom's designs). Keep in mind that this is just the beginning. We have a long way to go. I'm planning to do what another member here did and use quikrete to make a shallow water dish. Sorry some of the pics aren't great. We lost the sunlight. :) The box was made with scrap pieces I had in the garage so it's not amazing, but it gets the job done. There is wire on the bottom so my Russian can only dig so far. Another reminder, his pen is a work in progress. If you look at the picture down the tunnel, you can see my boy, Zoya, in the left corner. He said it's bedtime, leave me alone.IMAG3281.jpg IMAG3282.jpg IMAG3283.jpg IMAG3284.jpg IMAG3286.jpg IMAG3287.jpg IMAG3288.jpg IMAG3289.jpg

Karen H

5 Year Member
Looks good! I am planning to make a similar kind of outdoor enclosure. Yours looks great!

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
Thank you. I'm not too handy so I'm pretty proud of it. I also don't have a truck so I had to cut my 10ft boards in half to get them home in the car and piece them together again.

Karen H

5 Year Member
I made this one for indoors last weekend for my Russian. I'm hoping that I am doing everything right for my little guy. IMG_9634.JPG

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
I'd like to plant a small shrub or tree that he can also get under or use as shade. His enclosure doesn't have a roof, but it will soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? I want something to provide at least some shade, if not a hiding place with safe leaves to eat if he chooses to do so. I'm already planning a seed mix from Carolina Pet Supply, hostas, and probably a hibiscus. All help welcome.